What are you playing while you wait for this game!

Started by Jakadasnake, September 24, 2013, 06:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leird

I'm mostly playing Path of Exile, WH 40k Space Marine, Europa Universalis 4 and Space Pirates and Zombies.

Airborne

Quote from: drakesdoom;760994The brightest among us often underestimate the ability of an idiot that won't give up.

SharpKris

Semmy

Factorio 0.8 when it releases this week (-:

And dungeons of dredmore a simple game wich has lots of fun stuff and especially skills and items to offer.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

NoSoAna

daft73

Now playing 1,000,000 modded versions of Civ4 BTS, and also a replay of Fallout Tactics, and Fallout NV.

Hypolite

Just finished Mass Effect 2, I was pleased with it.

enystrom8734

I still have to finish Mass Effect 1...

In the middle of playing GTAV story though. Should REALLY play ME again
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

Galileus

Quote from: Hypolite on December 19, 2013, 11:39:14 AM
Just finished Mass Effect 2, I was pleased with it.

You're up for a ride of your life with 3, mate. It ends up in Hell ^^'

Ozymandias

Quote from: daft73 on December 05, 2013, 02:41:34 PM
Now playing 1,000,000 modded versions of Civ4 BTS, and also a replay of Fallout Tactics, and Fallout NV.

CIV4 .... I've probably placed an entire lifetime into that game.

I'm currently playing Medieval 2:Total War. Everything was going fine, I'd conquered all of Europe until I reached Anatolia and realized that I was in the 15th century and that it wasn't occupied by the Turks but by the Mongolians...

JKTD1919

Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

Ozymandias

Quote from: JKTD1919 on December 28, 2013, 01:41:32 PM
Godus looks like a terrible game, a la https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-D3NgNpth8

The idea had potential, but that terrain modifying tool is atrocious. And there is far too much micromanagement involving the mana collection. And there are plenty of glitches.

CodyRex123

Quote from: Haplo on October 06, 2013, 06:24:29 AM
I found this nice little game named Pirates! on my steam accound and have been playing it for the last two days..
Attack ship with cannons, enter ship and fight with the enemy captain. Plunder and capture cities. Rinse and repeat..
Oh the good old days, where the games were so simple  ;D

Any chance you can show me a link to that game?
Dragons!

akiceabear

I normally am playing two games at once (but not simultaneously :)) - one which I can jump in and out of quickly (minutes at a time), and another which requires more time commitment but usually is a richer experience. For the last half year Rimworld has dominated the latter category, so the suggestions below are mostly from the former...

Door Kickers - very fun SWAT "sim". Its success is in doing one thing (managing a team top down) extremely well. Each level only takes tens of seconds to complete, assuming you know how to execute properly, but there can be tens of minutes of trial and error to figure out what combination of men, equipment and tactics nets the perfect raid. Having a blast with this so far and I imagine it will remain a fun game to revisit in the future, given it looks like player and official levels are coming out still.

Faster Than Light - a few years late, but still pretty fun, although I think the RNG is a bit too heavy for me to stick with it over the long term.

Banished - dethroned RimWorld for awhile. The Colonial Charter mod takes the game in a similar direction as Superior Crafting in RimWorld. A fun challenge until you figure all the mechanics out perfectly, after which it doesn't have quite the same personality as RimWorld to keep drawing me back in. Still, well worth the price for the amount of time I enjoyed it.

Hotline Miami - again, a great 5-minute diversion game. Not as enthusiastic about this as Door Kickers, but it still has its charm.

Prison Architect - while the style/theme is totally different, my feelings about this game are very similar to Banished - worth the price, but a bit boring after you figure the mechanics out. Still, got a few good weeks out of it.

Sunless Sea - a rougelike/RPG that you can play for a few minutes at a time, which is rare. That said, as much as I love the atmosphere and writing the gameplay itself can be boring, so maybe that's why I can tear myself away after 5-10 minutes...

Cities Skylines - 2nd biggest timesink since purchasing RimWorld. Cooled off on it after about 50 hours, but I think it will be a game I manage to squeeze another 20 hours of per year for quite some time.

Distant Worlds - biggest timesink before RimWorld. The definitive space 4X if you are willing to invest in the extremely steep learning curve. I burned about 120 hours on 2 games. Another that I will probably visit for one 20+ hour playthrough per year (unless they make a worth sequel - fingers crossed!).

Europa Universalis IV - got this on a good deal recently. I haven't actually played this yet, although I get the feeling that if I learn enough about the controls/UI I will enjoy it as much as Distant Worlds/Civ/etc. That said, I couldn't get into Crusader Kings II despite expecting to love it, so I'm hoping the shift from individual rulers to nation-states does the trick (I think it will).

Pillars of Eternity/Divinity Original Sin - again, haven't played (or even bought) these yet, but they are a very likely purchase something this year, as I loved the Fallout/Planescape games. Mostly waiting for a good time (free-time wise) to make the dive into these monsters...

Besides RimWorld what else is everyone playing recently?