Modular Turrets

Started by Zsword, October 09, 2014, 07:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zsword

With the new 'Stuff' system for Walls and things, I had the thought of why not incorporate it into make Modular Turrets that you 'Build' using the already existing guns in the game.

Maybe make them a Research option (like Mortars) and once researched, select the Turret, choose the gun you want to have it shoot, and poof, autonomous M-16 or R4 or Minigun. Possibly have some nested research under that for Modular Firing Speed, Accuracy, Health, Resistances? Iunno, it's an idea.

EarthyTurtle

Personally I'd like to see this done with the existing improvised turret system. Instead of automatically equipping it with an LMG make it so you have to provide the turret with a gun. So you could even have T-9 turrets if you really wanted, or pistol if your desperate.

Coenmcj

Quote from: TinnedEpic on October 09, 2014, 07:36:27 PM
Personally I'd like to see this done with the existing improvised turret system. Instead of automatically equipping it with an LMG make it so you have to provide the turret with a gun. So you could even have T-9 turrets if you really wanted, or pistol if your desperate.

Well it is am "Improvised" turret after all. If you can make these turret guns out of thin air then why aren't you arming your colonists with them?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

EarthyTurtle

This is true, I know there is a mod out there somewhere that does this. But it would be excellent in the vanilla game :P.

skullywag

its Haplos Miscellaneous mod that has this.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?