[Mod Request] Automated Hunting

Started by DracoGriffin, October 09, 2014, 11:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DracoGriffin

For anyone that played Dwarf Fortress and used DFHack plug-in "AutoButcher", I am basically requesting similar for RimWorld.

Instead of having to mark the map for hunting animals, mod could just set all animals on map to be hunted every X minutes; similar to how AutoButcher checks the population of animals over a certain threshold every X minutes and then based on criteria, marks certain ones to be butchered without having player to micromicromicromanage.

P.S. - Any good economy mods that allows colonists to make goods that can sell to traders in order to make money? Or should I just resign to selling black market organs...
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

Drahkon

Perhaps just a bill on the butcher for the effect of 'hunt creature' instead of 'butcher corpse'. Keeps it clean and simple, can even apply butcher filters.

Edit: doesn't even need to actually do anything to the selected target but flag it for hunting.

DracoGriffin

Vanilla+ had a feature to automatically hunt animals but hasn't been updated since Alpha 3.

It'd be great if someone could update or release their own.
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

the_hawkk

Or maybe like a hunting zone? like Have your hunters only hunt in a certain area?

DracoGriffin

That'd be a great idea too; especially to avoid your colonists from walking into a pack of hostile tribals or raiders.
Current Mods (A-Z):

Thorin

That's one of the reasons I installed Animal husbandry ;D
You still have to "convince" the animal with social talk.
Although it doesn't automate hunting, it reduces the risk of encounters.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

LandsknechtAndTross

You could make animals targeted for hunting be auto-targeted and killed by turrets, like how they already do with mad ones, then all you need is haulers and the proper bill on the butchers table (and to build the occasional basic turret out from your camp if you wanted to).

Animals are always wandering into/near my camp.

Noobshock

I'm not sure I would want it completely automated, but there definitely should be a compromise between that and the needing to micromanage and paint every single animal you ever want to kill.

willpill35

The hunting Zone options seems to be the best idea so far.  Have a zone that you designate like any other zone and any animals that wander in to it are auto flagged for hunting.  It would let you keep the animal population up in other areas so if you have a sudden food shortage you have a surplus of animals you could go hunt.

ThiIsMe007

Quote from: DracoGriffin on October 09, 2014, 11:00:11 PM
For anyone that played Dwarf Fortress and used DFHack plug-in "AutoButcher", I am basically requesting similar for RimWorld.

I have never played DF, so I have no idea what the plugin exactly does, but could this mod fill your bill in Rimworld ?

Telarin

check out the Colony Manager mod, it works great for managing hunting, wood cutting, and various crafting things.

biship

Yes, Colony Manager does exactly this and much more. Very high on my recommendation list.