[MOD] (Alpha 8) More Furniture v0.0.3 (previously Sofas)

Started by sbine, October 10, 2014, 12:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbine

Updated!

• Added dodge/burn shading to the sofas (see new preview image - thanks Angie & Shinzy for the tip)
  • Changed base beauty modifier for sofas from 15 to 30
  • Added coffee tables (2x1, +8 beauty)
  • Added end tables (1x1, +5 beauty)

Igabod

lol nice. I haven't even had a chance to play the first version yet and you already came up with some additional content. I'll download this and play it in a while.

Clibanarius

Speaking of 'more' things, another _MACOSX folder snuck into the zip file. Haha. Not that it matters at all, it's outside of mod's folder this time. Thanks for providing the functionality of Modular Tables in the mod, by the way! I no longer need that mod and can replace it fully with this one, which makes yours make me happy a ton!

mrofa

Igabod adding functionality is kinda hard when you deal with furniture, since except the beauty factor and maybe storage everything else you need to to code in .dll :/
All i do is clutter all around.

Evul

Awesome! I once did this but got to busy to mentain it! Awesome that some one else did it! This will be a must for all my colonys in the future!

Carry

I took the liberty to update the mod to alpha 8. Sofas are essential :)

Have fun...

[attachment deleted due to age]

homemacai

Hey there ,sbine if you still would like some help with the art part of your mod, let me know! cheers!

sbine

Quote from: Carry on December 17, 2014, 11:05:33 AM
I took the liberty to update the mod to alpha 8. Sofas are essential :)

Thanks Carry! I've been too busy playing Alpha 8 to update the mod for it... I'll add the changes to my Github/Dropbox and credit you appropriately :)

Quote from: homemacai on December 17, 2014, 11:36:20 AM
Hey there ,sbine if you still would like some help with the art part of your mod, let me know! cheers!
homemacai, I would love help with the art -- please feel free to make art for any piece of furniture you'd like and I'll gladly add it to the mod. I tried doing a bookshelf a while ago and it was disastrous.

Plymouth

I'll work on these sprites and will put up my results

Plymouth

I've thinned the outlines of the Sofas, and added 2 variants of table, including 1 with a rimworld-related artwork on it. It should look cool ingame.

Note: It is not intelligible enough in-game, not quite clear what's displayed. Have to tweak the contrast and size of the artwork.

Done. Here's the result: http://screenshot.su/show.php?img=a113e4213f4f59481d3e7d2fed8e255d.jpg (web-screenie quality is downgraded)

[attachment deleted due to age]

hyprformnce

nice work on those modified sprites, they look very smooth! hopefully the rotations or facings will be corrected since i recall something strange happening with them in in the alpha 7 version

john pretzel

Thanks for sharing tIt's a very nice furniture. I wish they could have mod functions though..

sbine

Quote from: Plymouth on December 17, 2014, 11:47:48 PM
I've thinned the outlines of the Sofas, and added 2 variants of table, including 1 with a rimworld-related artwork on it. It should look cool ingame.

Thanks Plymouth! I added your art to the original download (I liked the 2 leg coffee table!), as well as a link to the alternate version. You and Carry are also credited in the OP. I appreciate the help :)

sbine

Quote from: hyprformnce on December 18, 2014, 01:21:37 AM
nice work on those modified sprites, they look very smooth! hopefully the rotations or facings will be corrected since i recall something strange happening with them in in the alpha 7 version
Thanks for the heads up -- I think I see what you mean. The sofas rotate in the opposite direction from other objects, so the side texture is probably backwards from the direction the sofa is actually facing. I flipped it in Photoshop and uploaded a corrected version, let me know if that solves your problem.

Shinzy

Ooo this one's back for the new alpha! honestly one of my favourite ones =P very simple one though but
the 1 by 1 corner tables are the best thing ever to put in the prison rooms
and sofas errywhere!