Do you ever use melee?

Started by Hoodinski, October 10, 2014, 09:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

Quote from: Wex on October 10, 2014, 10:17:34 AM
Well, monowire or vibroblades weapon (I am sure you can google those) would make a pretty good and realistic top melee weapons (chainswords aren't)

Personally I'd LOVE to see a blitterstaff implemented.  Awesome melee weapon to use against mechs.  :D

bewarethegazebo

I actually sent a fully armored single Melee character against some centipedes that were running amok in my base and he managed to take out 3 already injured ones with no hassle. They are big enough that you can effectively hide behind the target you are attacking so any other incoming fire hits your enemy instead and they seem pretty poor in melee. The only thing that stopped him was an over enthusiastic enemy with an incendiary launcher...

Halinder

Melee is really, really useful when dealing with mechanoids. Centipede armor deflects 40 percent of ranged damage, but only 10 percent of melee damage, making group hugs amazing at killing.

Wex

My melee fighter (a brawler with 0 in shooting but 14 in melee) is full power armored, with hyperweave undergarment. As long as no energy weapon are used, she can withstand anything. I got her taking a LMG pirate head on, she chopped him a leg after being hit right in the chest. No damage. Next time I see a minigun I know what to do.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

REMworlder

I've started using melee fighters regularly. Brawlers with scyther attachments and advanced prosthetics are pretty devastating since they can rush in quickly and take a good amount of damage.

Throwing a melee fighter into a group of enemies can cause a lot of enemy friendly fire. I've also enjoyed using melee fighters to rush snipers. Rushing lone centipedes is also really easy.

Thunder Rahja

If you've got a bunch of colonists hiding in a room during an assault and a single raider is trying to break through a door, swarm with melee attacks. Odds are the single raider will be incapacitated, but if you take a casualty, odds are your colonist will be incapacitated instead of killed.