[1.0] Extended Turrets Mod --1.0 Release Update--

Started by Kilroy232, October 10, 2014, 06:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilroy232

Quote from: Xiane on November 02, 2014, 08:36:08 AM
One small note: The ToW launcher often gets deployed with raiders who would typically have mortars, since it requires power they often have deployment that not only distracts one of their numbers but also can't work at all.

A funny little mistake on my part eh? I have fixed it and am working on a few other things and then I will post an update. Sorry for the inconvenience

DevinRay122

For some reason the link doesn't seem to work for me. Anyone know why?

EDIT:
Apparently, it takes about 10 times for it to work.

WarlordToby

I really like that sniper turret. It blends well to its surrounding area. Also heavy and energy turrets are very cool. Good job, you just earned my respect.

Hunter712

For anyone interested I've done a rather sloppy conversion of this mod from a7 to a8.

I also changed some stuff to suit my personal taste (Removed TOW launcher, reduced sizes of turrets, changed some sounds and made my own vanilla-friendly art based on the original designs.)

Some problems that remain with this conversion,
- Alpha bleeding on the turret tops
- Custom turret bases don't appear properly ingame, so they're using the vanilla base.

Keep in mind this is my own personal conversion and I in no way wish to take credit for any of the original work done on the mod, this is only to tide players away until the official conversion comes around.

https://www.mediafire.com/?i6ll3pgt6lav4t9

[attachment deleted due to age]

hyprformnce

wow, nice work! i really like the vanilla-compatible graphics, thanks for taking the time to update to a8

Hunter712

Uploaded a new version, fixed the alpha-bleeding with the graphics and added a custom incendiary turret sound aswell as a changed the energy turret bullet graphic and firing sound.

Link above should be updated.

Dave-In-Texas

thank you for your work hunter712!

fyi:  it helps us users if you somehow include the version in the archive name.
perhaps Turretpack-1.2h<version> (h to show its yours and based on of the OP version 1.2, just in case he returns and starts coding a 'real' version)

lol.  or just ignore me, what you've done is splendid

MelanisticAlbino

Can't wait for Alpha 8 update! This is a must-have mod!

Hunter712

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on December 15, 2014, 12:11:10 PM
thank you for your work hunter712!

fyi:  it helps us users if you somehow include the version in the archive name.
perhaps Turretpack-1.2h<version> (h to show its yours and based on of the OP version 1.2, just in case he returns and starts coding a 'real' version)

lol.  or just ignore me, what you've done is splendid

Added :>

Version number ingame should be Alpha 8, name of the zip itself should be v1.2b Alpha 8 (The b signifying the conversion)

Ruin

Thanks for the work Hunter712.  I really like your version. :)

Hunter712

Uploaded an update to my conversion, changes include some modifications made to the graphics, nerfed all the turrets ( I feel they're terribly OP, especially the sniper turret.), changed the name on the improvised turret to modified turret (It was a tad confusing since there was already an 'improved' turret alongside an 'improvised'.), changed the name of the energy turret to charged turret, and added a new sound for the heavy turret.

Download

kokuto

The sniper turret is probably still necessary to take out heavily armoured foes. Like those centipedes or the Jaffa from the Jaffa mod.

Hunter712

Quote from: kokuto on December 24, 2014, 02:08:51 AM
The sniper turret is probably still necessary to take out heavily armoured foes. Like those centipedes or the Jaffa from the Jaffa mod.

It's still very powerful, I had it mow down almost an entire group of raiders before they closed down into cover.

A little indepth of things I did though, I made the sniper turret have just a tiny bit less range with 5 points of damage reduction, and nerfed the health to 250.

For the heavy turret I reduced the range on it (So it can't solo massive groups at long range now, leaving the long range for the sniper turret), reduced the health by 100, and reduced the damage a very tiny bit.

Balancing changes between all the turrets involves material cost reduction and energy consumption reduction (Especially the improved/modified turret.)

So the turrets are still VERY effective, but I wanted to try and make it so that making one single sniper/heavy turret wasn't the endgame strategy.

Depending on if Kilroy decides to drop the mod (Or gives me the greenlight to actively update it for him), I will spend more time on the balancing and whatnot of the turrets, I still feel theres a lot of unpolished material that needs changed.

kokuto

Oh so far, I've been actively testing out using bunkers of Sniper turrets. They are generally effective against vanilla enemies if the numbers aren't too great. Once it exceeds a certain threshold, even a bunker of 3-4 sniper turrets is not much use.

Against modded factions like the Orks from WH40k, their effectiveness is lowered even further, again due to numbers.

arammco

anyone can tell me how to unlock new towers? i don't remember >.<