[1.0] Extended Turrets Mod --1.0 Release Update--

Started by Kilroy232, October 10, 2014, 06:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilroy232

Quote from: Hayhorse on March 08, 2015, 11:40:09 AM
Moveable turrets: You build the turrets at a bench and then have to place a single object (Like sculptures from A8). When you dismantle it you get the item back and can therefore move it without wasting metal. You can also make a turret factory this way and sell them for silver to the Combat suppliers or Slavers.

I gotcha, this concept actually seems like where the game is headed as well. My plan as it stands is to release the mod updated for alpha 9 with a new turret for incapacitations only. After that I believe this will be on my priority list.

Hayhorse

Also, might I ask. Is the A8 Conversion compatible with A9? Because I CAN NOT play with out it. Because eventually I befriend all factions and regularly get attacked by mechanoids. CURSE YOU SNIPERS! Also one of my snipers once shot off the head of my healer in my colony while a Centipede crushed the left leg of my melee guy.

Kilroy232

Quote from: Hayhorse on March 10, 2015, 06:53:00 AM
Also, might I ask. Is the A8 Conversion compatible with A9? Because I CAN NOT play with out it. Because eventually I befriend all factions and regularly get attacked by mechanoids. CURSE YOU SNIPERS! Also one of my snipers once shot off the head of my healer in my colony while a Centipede crushed the left leg of my melee guy.

Unfortunately I never personally got around to making a A8 version of this mod. I know one or two lovely people on this forum have helped my by doing the necessary corrections to make it compatible but I have neither looked at those versions nor looked into that possibility.

I promise I will have a A9 version up in the next day or two at the most!:)

Edit: Alright, so I have uploaded a version of this mod that is compatible with A9 that also includes a stun turret. I will hopefully continue to be working on this mod further and so I will always be listening to any issues, suggestions or complaints.

HBKRKO619

Finally, my favorite turret mod is updated \o/ Thank you Killroy :)

Manly

This was my favorite turret mod, too! 

I am so glad you updated it Kilroy!  Thank you so much for your hard work!

Hayhorse

The mod that I love so much for literately having a sniper turret then 3 shots Scythers with extreme accuracy is finally A9 Compatible!

Deltaforceops

Blackbird

These turrets, while a great idea, seem very overpowered. If the turrets are too powerful, survival is too easy, and there is no incentive to improve your colonists or your base.  Could you look into the things Hunter did with the unofficial Alpha 8 update and Nerf them a little?  Thanks!  It looks like it could be a great mod!

Kilroy232

This mod was originally made for Alpha 2 or 3 when the middle to late game would send swarms of 20 to 30 pirates at you all at once, that has since changed and I think the mods needs to change as well.

I agree that the weapons in this mod are too powerful and I have had a number of ideas on how to deal with this but I would like to ask the people that use this mod what they would like to see nerfed. Do people think one thing is more overpowered than another and good ways to combat this?

I could simply reduce damage, or health. I could increase cool down time or required materials to build. Another idea I had was that for each turret you would need to have the weapon it is based one to build it. I.E, if you wanted to build the sniper turret you would need a sniper rifle in your stock.

I would love to hear peoples opinions and ideas, this is for you just as much for me and it makes my job much easier if I have an idea of what people would like.

silentlord

not tried this mod yet, but i will.

i use zombies-mod, which means waves of 20-30 and more, are pretty common, i also only play with advisor randy on serious or extreme. so over-powered is a relative term to me.

however if they are really over-powered, the best i reckon to nerf them, is a slight reduction in damage and a slight increase in cool-down to balance.

i'll let you know my thoughts later on when i install the mod and start a new game.

silentlord

okay started a new game (didn't wanna dev-cheat. i only use Randy and serious or extreme setting with Zombie-mod.)

here`s my opinion; :D

the new turrets are pretty far down the tech-tree, took me awhile to get there, which is good i reckon, makes them kick in around mid-game.
i got the sniper turret first.... at first i thought way over-powered. 4sec cool-down. this thing is rapid fire compared to stock turret with CD 6secs. it stops dead the loners or small bunches (10 under).

however the larger mid/late swarms, lol.... certainly not over powered.
in my defence i have 2 stock turrets, 3 snipers, 1 heavy turret, 3 improved turrets and 2 manned M2.brownings from another turret mod. the waves always knockout a quarter or half my turrets...

if playing with zombie-mod and higher challenge mode.... these fit perfectly balance wise, playing normal rimworld, maybe abit over-powered on the CD.

however in my opinion for what i use your mod with, its perfectly fine.
i much prefer your turret-mod looks.... really fits in well with stock.

only thing missing i reckon is some man-able turrets, for when solar flares hits or when you simply run out of power.

i use 3 turret mods. yours is second in my list, but only just!

i thank you for your time and effort put into the mod, your deserve many Rim-cookies!!!

Scelous

Thanks for this mod, Kilroy.  This mod saved Rimworld for me via the sniper turret.  It started getting REALLY old having bandits plink my turrets out of range, and the sniper turret takes care of that.

vagineer1

When will this mod be updated. This is an essential part of my colony defense due to the lack of proper defensive methods available in game.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Hunter712

Quote from: vagineer1 on April 18, 2015, 06:22:17 AM
When will this mod be updated. This is an essential part of my colony defense due to the lack of proper defensive methods available in game.

Addressing this soon with an update of my old a8 conversion if that is acceptable, will be doing a ton of balancing changes before I roll it out.

iamthebest22