[1.0] Extended Turrets Mod --1.0 Release Update--

Started by Kilroy232, October 10, 2014, 06:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj84722

The cooling research for all turrets is providing this error

Exception applying research mod for project HeavyTurretCooling: System.MissingFieldException: Field 'Verse.VerbProperties.defaultCooldownTicks' not found.
  at Verse.ResearchMod.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ResearchProjectDef.ReapplyAllMods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ResearchProjectDef:ReapplyAllMods()
RimWorld.ResearchManager:ReapplyAllMods()
RimWorld.ResearchManager:ResearchPerformed(Single, Pawn)
RimWorld.<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator3A:<>m__A3()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I tested with this mod list
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>HugsLib</li>
    <li>ModListBackup</li>
    <li>Turrets Pack</li>

crusader2010

Hi. I have the exact same error as the poster above me (see attached screenshot).
I'm using the mod with many others, including CombatRealism and MoreVanillaTurrets.

Also, is it possible to add more information about each of the turrets? (burst shot count, damage, accuracy, etc)?

PS: also, is it intended for the Lazer turret to heal mechanoids?  :o

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

thorpey949

boxing123

Quote from: thorpey949 on February 21, 2017, 03:18:06 PM
How does the HE ammo work for the sniper turret?

Second this. I've got everything researched yet sniper turrets appear to be no different.

Kilroy232

I would just like to let anyone who is interested know that I have updated the mod to run on alpha 17b and I have tested it to make sure that is bug free.

Having said that I am only one person and I cannot guarantee there are no bugs so if anyone has any problems please let me know. I am also happy to listen to any requests or ideas that you may have for the mod. I am doing my best to learn to write C# for the mod to provide a more detailed and higher quality mod.

Ichimatsu

This is the first mod I looked for after I upgraded to a17. So glad it actually got updated! :D

Ichimatsu

Quote from: Kilroy232 on June 18, 2017, 09:26:08 PM
I am only one person and I cannot guarantee there are no bugs so if anyone has any problems please let me know.
I keep getting a "Could not find a type named LaserBeam.Charger" error and both the turret and weapon lazers refuse to work. Why has no one complained? Is my version the only one erroring? :(
I mean on steam, because here no one has replied so far. Maybe Steam and Nexus versions aren't the same?

Kilroy232

Quote from: Ichimatsu on June 24, 2017, 02:01:16 PM
Quote from: Kilroy232 on June 18, 2017, 09:26:08 PM
I am only one person and I cannot guarantee there are no bugs so if anyone has any problems please let me know.
I keep getting a "Could not find a type named LaserBeam.Charger" error and both the turret and weapon lazers refuse to work. Why has no one complained? Is my version the only one erroring? :(
I mean on steam, because here no one has replied so far. Maybe Steam and Nexus versions aren't the same?

It sounds like some how the version of the mod you are using hasn't updated from the workshop. That was one of the problems I fixed when I updated the mod. One way to fix it might be to unsubscribe from the mod on steam and then run the game, make sure it is gone then close the game and subscribe again and try.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but I really hope that helps

Ichimatsu

Quote from: Kilroy232 on June 24, 2017, 02:18:26 PM
It sounds like some how the version of the mod you are using hasn't updated from the workshop. That was one of the problems I fixed when I updated the mod. One way to fix it might be to unsubscribe from the mod on steam and then run the game, make sure it is gone then close the game and subscribe again and try.

I only mentioned steam because I checked the comments section for a solution or people having the same issue as me. So I wondered if the version available at Nexus differs from the steam version (as I didn't see people complaining with that version).
I'm using the version available at Nexus. There's no other a17 version on Nexus for me to try and I never use steam for modded playthroughs, so I couldn't know if they're different versions. Maybe you could check?

Thanks for replying :D

Kilroy232

Quote from: Ichimatsu on June 24, 2017, 10:00:59 PM

I only mentioned steam because I checked the comments section for a solution or people having the same issue as me. So I wondered if the version available at Nexus differs from the steam version (as I didn't see people complaining with that version).
I'm using the version available at Nexus. There's no other a17 version on Nexus for me to try and I never use steam for modded playthroughs, so I couldn't know if they're different versions. Maybe you could check?

Thanks for replying :D

I am sorry, I was out when I read your first message so I must have misunderstood. If you PM an error report from the console window I can help you better, it sounds like somehow you are still using the old Laser.dll

Ichimatsu

I am sorry, I was out when I read your first message so I must have misunderstood. If you PM an error report from the console window I can help you better, it sounds like somehow you are still using the old Laser.dll

I sent you a message a few days back. I hope you got it!

Oblitus

The laser turret is messed up. I've made myself few changes; you may be interested:
- Fixed laser turret definitions, cleaning up some weird settings.
- Fixed turret laser to not be craftable and to not appear in the game as loot or trade inventory.
- Increased a bit sniper turret accuracy, so it would be less overwhelmed by laser turret (it is now on par with Superior sniper rifle)
- Changed Energy turret to do Bullet damage, since Frostbite is broken now - game AI never recognizes it as an attack.
- Removed empty research named "label."

Things should better be fixed, but are hard coded:
- It looks like laser turret has forced friendly fire.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

sirgzu

Quote from: Oblitus on August 08, 2017, 08:42:09 PM
The laser turret is messed up. I've made myself few changes; you may be interested:
- Fixed laser turret definitions, cleaning up some weird settings.
- Fixed turret laser to not be craftable and to not appear in the game as loot or trade inventory.
- Increased a bit sniper turret accuracy, so it would be less overwhelmed by laser turret (it is now on par with Superior sniper rifle)
- Changed Energy turret to do Bullet damage, since Frostbite is broken now - game AI never recognizes it as an attack.
- Removed empty research named "label."

Things should better be fixed, but are hard coded:
- It looks like laser turret has forced friendly fire.
Thanks Oblitus, I was left wondering what was going on with the lazer turret. I thought it was a mounting point for OHU dropships or something.

Zookes

Here's a mega link to a quick re-branding for B18 that I've been using alongside a healthy implementation of Oblitus' kindly tweaks and fixes; common syntax errors tidied up to some satisfaction. I haven't touched the library, so if something mysteriously explodes 2 hours into your next colony, you're free to lay blame and throw terrible insults my way. Then, in the aftermath, hopefully pause for a moment of introspection -- and at the threshold of enlightenment, thoughtfully acknowledge that I warned you and it's your own fault for using it in the first place.

Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#!USIBzRaL!4iEnJCQdOM77xpnXd19CyBioRVGRIgOC4-RvSDkHqQ8

EDIT: posted the wrong version

Heymom

Quote from: Zookes on November 23, 2017, 09:43:36 PM
Here's a mega link to a quick re-branding for B18 that I've been using alongside a healthy implementation of Oblitus' kindly tweaks and fixes; common syntax errors tidied up to some satisfaction. I haven't touched the library, so if something mysteriously explodes 2 hours into your next colony, you're free to lay blame and throw terrible insults my way. Then, in the aftermath, hopefully pause for a moment of introspection -- and at the threshold of enlightenment, thoughtfully acknowledge that I warned you and it's your own fault for using it in the first place.

Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#!USIBzRaL!4iEnJCQdOM77xpnXd19CyBioRVGRIgOC4-RvSDkHqQ8

EDIT: posted the wrong version

I tried this, and it seems the laser turret is still acting oddly.

Exception ticking LazerBeam27450: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Verse.Thing.TakeDamage'.
at Verse.Projectile.ImpactSomething () <0x00411>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Projectile.Tick_Patch1 (object) <0x0036c>
at LaserBeam.Charger.Tick () <0x00010>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x002c6>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()