[1.0] Extended Turrets Mod --1.0 Release Update--

Started by Kilroy232, October 10, 2014, 06:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zookes

Oh my, well that answers the question of whether the old A17 library will work with B18. That's what I get for my hacky efforts. Apologies!

You might want to avoid using the lazer turret until an official update finds its way out. For at least this week, I'm unable to re-compile the library for B18 due to chronic procrastination (it's a real sickness!) and crippling fear of other peoples' source code having many files (#gitohippopottamorphobia). I have more excuses, but they're boring real-life things.

Kilroy232

This mod has been updated by me and with minor play testing I have found no bugs. If you find any errors please let me know.

If you have any suggestions or requests I am always happy to hear them!

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kilroy232 on February 07, 2018, 05:38:25 PM
This mod has been updated by me and with minor play testing I have found no bugs. If you find any errors please let me know.

If you have any suggestions or requests I am always happy to hear them!

Awesome! I'm always looking for balanced, simple turret mods like this that don't seem too over the top, and every turret is well defined with a purpose that isn't too redundant. Also, I was reading on your OP that you plan on maybe having researches to improve your turrets. Just a FYI, there is a mod SS Researchable Stat Upgrades. I have it, and one of the things you can do with that mod is actually change comps and verbs inside of defs through researches. So one of the things you can research with that mod is to make regular vanilla turrets shoot 4 bullets instead of 3. It does this by changing the comp or verb (can't remember) inside of the thingDef. Something I thought you might be interested in, or anyone for that matter, if they want to have something fun like that to play around with, and make their turrets upgradeable through research, or really change tons of stuff with that mod! :)

Thanks for the update. Appreciate your hard work!

Oblitus

Lazer turret gun is still missing tags preventing spawn as normal weapon:

<canBeSpawningInventory>false</canBeSpawningInventory>
<tradeability>Never</tradeability>
<destroyOnDrop>true</destroyOnDrop>

Energy turret still uses inappropriate damage type. If you really want it to inflict cryo damage, make your own:

<DamageDef ParentName="LocalInjuryBase">
    <defName>ET_Frostburn</defName>
    <label>frostburn</label>
    <externalViolence>true</externalViolence>
    <deathMessage>{0} has bean frozen solid.</deathMessage>
    <hediff>Frostbite</hediff>
    <harmAllLayersUntilOutside>true</harmAllLayersUntilOutside>
    <impactSoundType>Bullet</impactSoundType>
    <armorCategory>Heat</armorCategory>
  </DamageDef>

and change Energy Turret Round accordingly:

<ThingDef ParentName="BaseBullet">
    <defName>Bullet_EnergyTurret</defName>
    <label>Energy Turret Rounds</label>
<graphicData>
    <texPath>Things/Projectile/EnergyBall</texPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Flicker</graphicClass>
</graphicData>
    <projectile>
      <damageDef>ET_Frostburn</damageDef>
      <damageAmountBase>15</damageAmountBase>
      <speed>50</speed>
    </projectile>
  </ThingDef>

It would properly inflict damage and still count as external violence.

WREN_PL

Kilroy232

Oblitus

I'll just leave this here.

(note: had to cut out the laser turret)

[attachment deleted due to age]

viperwasp

Any plans for this mod to be updated to 1.0? Thanks.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Kilroy232

Oh ya, I will be doing that as soon as possible! I have updated the mod to A19 on steam already and hopefully I can have it updated for 1.0 before next week

viperwasp

Your not the only one a lot of mod makers update first for Steam. I own a Steam copy of the game too. But I don't like playing this game on Steam. So what I do is subscribe to a mod I like. Copy it out of the Steam Workshop folder. Rename the file to the proper name. And plop it into Ludeon Rimworld mod folder. Works 100% of the time. lol I have gotten some Steam exclusive mods or early mods that get updated on Steam days or weeks ahead of here.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Kilroy232

For everyone that doesn't use the steam version of the game I have uploaded the 1.0 release compatible version of the mod to Nexus Mods for you.

Youhaveavirus

Hey, fan update to 1.1, will be removed as soon as possible, if kilroy232 comes back or messages me.
Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2021347051
Standalone: see attachments