Trying to harvest organs, what am I doing wrong?

Started by Noven, October 11, 2014, 01:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noven

I got a really good surgeon, prisoner that has been anesthetized, job order to harvest an organ, and nothing happens. What do I need to do to make this happen?

ShadowTani

I assume you have medicine since the prisoner got anesthetized. Was the prisoner a member of your colony before? If so there's a bug that prevent you from operating on ex-colonists, you will have to rerecruit the prisoner if you want to operate on him.

Noven

Okay, so I actually need to recruit the prisoner. I thought I just had to capture and slice and dice.

ShadowTani

You normally will be able to just slice and dice if it's a prisoner you dragged from the battle field so to speak. But if your prisoner was previously a member of your colony that you arrested for some reason then the prisoner will be bugged in regards to operations. If that's not the case, then there's something else that is the issue.

Noven

Yeah I captured him, knocked him out and then the surgeon won't harvest the organs. Do I need the special medical table or something?

Noobshock

You have a bed assigned to medical where your prisoner is being held?

Also I've found the new, more expensive medical beds added in Alpha 7 seem to bug out sometimes, so I'd recommend just sticking to regular beds and making sure they're toggled for medical.

Noven

Medical or prisoner? Because won't the prisoner try to escape when it is changed?

Noobshock

In your "prison" area, you can have multiple beds, set to either medical or regular.

I'm not sure if the prisoner would escape because I tend to build at least 1 extra medical bed on top of the regular ones.

Cimanyd

You don't need to have a prison bed set to medical to do operations on prisoners, or a hospital bed in the prison. Standard non-medical beds work fine.

I've seen something in several places on the forum (like here) about the operations only being possible on once particular square next to the bed, so if that's blocked, the operation won't happen. Make sure the space left of the pillow is open. (Left relative to the bed.) Turn your beds around, or remove plant pots, if necessary.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

RawCode

it bugged and cause racing if multiple surgeons allowed, allow only one doctor and make sure that there is place for medicine to place near bed.