<Mod Concept> Organ Farming

Started by loganaroy, October 11, 2014, 09:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loganaroy

With v7 and it's addition of prosthesis and operations and stuff, it opens up doors to a lot of neat stuff. I noticed that there is a background for colonists in which they were part of an organ farm. Well, why not make that a reality?  :)

I am mostly curious if this is something that can be done at all. I know some things are hard coded, like the Nutrient Dispenser. Are body parts hard coded? Can "empty" body parts be added?

Slowtapus

With Apothecarius life support you can peel every single organ in someone out and render them vegetables. There's also a mod that allows you to literally grow a few organs. Hearts and lungs I think.

So you sort of already can.

blaze7736

Hey well i have not played with body parts yet but Organ Farming is something i have in my mod at the moment only hearts and Lungs which i plan to expand so if you want to grow organs then check my mod out: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6811.0

StorymasterQ

I'm sitting here imagining a field full of nineteenth-century musical instruments.

Organ farming, indeed.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here