[A13]Harder Start (updated 4/15/16)

Started by Lynwood, April 15, 2016, 04:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynwood

Harder Start

Description:
This mod makes it so when you start a new colony, the map doesn't generate ruins or resources on the ground at the start location or around the map. There will be zero resources on the ground except ship chunks. Meaning that no silver, survival meals, steel or wood will be on the ground. Trees, steel ore and other various items will still generate on the map but they wont be ready to be haul to a stockpile. You'd have to chop/mine to start right away.

Compatibility
Harder start V1.0 not compatible with EdB's Prepare Carefully.
Harder start with prep care v2.0 is compatible with Edb's Prepare Carefully.
Also most likely not compatible with any mod that changes the mapgenerator.xml file.

Author/Mod Team
Lynwood - Author

Download
Harder Start v1.0 -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2b5ugpgqj5cqc92/Harder%20Start.zip?dl=0
Harder Start with prep care v2.0 -   
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8qwvc096f3aviv/Harder%20Start%20with%20Prep%20Care.zip?dl=0

How to install: Harder Start v1.0
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- Profit.

How to install: Harder Start with prep care v2.0
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod AFTER EdB's Prepare Carefully. (If Edb's Prepare Carefully is #2 then Harder Start with prep care should be #3.)
- Profit.

License
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Andy_Dandy

Fantastic mod idea. Will dowload it for next game in a nicer biome then icesheet.

Nictis

So it just makes all your stuff spawn on the other side of the map? I'm not sure I get what makes this tougher. Maybe a little more tedious with the hauling but not really tougher...

Am I missing something?

Lynwood

Quote from: Nictis on April 19, 2016, 06:30:03 AM
So it just makes all your stuff spawn on the other side of the map? I'm not sure I get what makes this tougher. Maybe a little more tedious with the hauling but not really tougher...

Am I missing something?

You shouldnt have any resources on the map when you start. The only "resource" on the map(when you start) should be ship chunks. Otherwise there should be no survival meals, steel, silver, or wood that needs to be hauled to a stockpile.

Are you still getting resources on the map when you play with this mod?