[A11] Advanced Lamps V6.2 A11 update June 20, 2015

Started by Igabod, October 12, 2014, 05:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asero

Loki88

\0/ Bug Squisher!

That wasn't me that said I would make the lamp texture is it? I just remembered I still need to make the bloody heater texture! AND more plants :P
I seriously need to stop getting distracted by new mods (DAMN YOU EdB!!!) <---Joking

Igabod

Quote from: Loki88 on January 05, 2015, 12:32:13 PM
\0/ Bug Squisher!

That wasn't me that said I would make the lamp texture is it? I just remembered I still need to make the bloody heater texture! AND more plants :P
I seriously need to stop getting distracted by new mods (DAMN YOU EdB!!!) <---Joking

No, Rilamus agreed to provide the lamp texture. I actually forgot about the heater texture. I've been focused more on this mod and the plants mod lately. EdB is the reason this didn't get released yesterday. I saw his scenarios mod and had to try it. I was only gonna play it for an hour but 6 hours later I looked up and noticed that it was midnight and went to bed. As soon as you get those extra sugar cane textures done I'll be releasing the next update of the plants mod though. I did all the testing for it last night while playing with EdB's scenarios. There were a few other mods released recently that I meant to download and try out last night, but EdB's scenarios got me too excited to remember them. I'm probably going to be doing that tonight.

Igabod

Updated for Alpha 9. Only had to change a few small things for this one. Enjoy!

Igabod

Version 6.0 released! I just added one lamp. It's a low tier outdoor lamp that requires no research to build. It looks best when placed against a wall as shown in the screenshot below.

HBKRKO619

Thank you :) Like your screen show it, it's perfect combine with the darkness mod xD

Igabod

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on February 28, 2015, 06:17:04 AM
Thank you :) Like your screen show it, it's perfect combine with the darkness mod xD

You're welcome. And please don't forget to report any balance issues which might need to be corrected. User feedback is necessary for the mod to improve.

Igabod

This mod has now been updated for Alpha 10. I haven't had time to fully test it yet so there might be some bugs I missed. Please report them so I can get them fixed quickly.

Alexis911

Well I can't seem to make it work with the Alpha 10d. No research nor lamp available.

Igabod

Quote from: Alexis911 on April 21, 2015, 02:06:14 PM
Well I can't seem to make it work with the Alpha 10d. No research nor lamp available.

I haven't tested with 10d yet, but I don't think the code has changed so much since 10a to make this mod not work anymore. Are you sure you unzipped the file correctly and placed the contents in the correct spot? You should have a folder called AdvancedLamps inside the mods folder. Inside that should be three folders labeled About, Defs, and Textures.

Alexis911

Oh god, I feel dumb right now. I unzipped and the result was an extra folder name with AdvancedLamps and the version 6.1. The sub folder was the actual mod. Thanks for the mod by the way. A great add to the game.

Quote from: Igabod on April 21, 2015, 04:27:35 PM
Quote from: Alexis911 on April 21, 2015, 02:06:14 PM

I haven't tested with 10d yet, but I don't think the code has changed so much since 10a to make this mod not work anymore. Are you sure you unzipped the file correctly and placed the contents in the correct spot? You should have a folder called AdvancedLamps inside the mods folder. Inside that should be three folders labeled About, Defs, and Textures.

Igabod

Alpha 11 is out and I'm settled in to my new home in Georgia. I still don't have time to actually play the game just yet cause I have a lot of things to take care of such as getting my drivers license and car registration transferred from Texas to Georgia and things of that nature. So the updates for all of my mods won't be coming out quite as quickly as they have in the past. You can help me in this by testing the alpha 10 version to see if it works as is or if it pops up with some errors. Also if anybody wants to do the update work for me and upload it in a comment on this thread then that will help get the updates out even faster and you will be mentioned in the credits of course.

Remorium

It pops up with errors immediately on startup due to being outdated.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Igabod

Quote from: Remorium on June 16, 2015, 04:15:13 PM
It pops up with errors immediately on startup due to being outdated.

None of those errors are related to this mod. Those are errors from loading a save from alpha 10 in alpha 11. Try with a new game and see if you get a different set of errors.

Remorium

Oh. Also, as soon as I turn the Advanced Lamp mod on, every single button from the main menu disappears and the only way to fix it is to delete the mod from the folder. And I made sure to only have that mod in the mod folder. And if I attempt to load it without deleting the mod, it just goes to black screen. I've done this repeatedly.