Rimworld: Secret Troll?

Started by Halinder, October 12, 2014, 03:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halinder

A topic for all of you to share how Rimworld torments and teases you with events and the like.

For example, a solar flare and then three exotic goods traders..

Railgun Convention

The amount of times I've gone through *Solar Flare ends* -> *Eclipse starts*...
This is why you need batteries.

UrbanBourbon

- Did you enjoy the eclipse? It's over just in time for the late evening, or.. early night. Darkness is good, yes?
- It's a real nice bionic arm, isn't it. Top of the line. What a shame you can't afford it. Also, you'll never see it again, no matter how much money you'll scrape together in the next week or 3 years.
- Randomize and get the three most awesome starting colonists. Proceed to start on a terrible map.
- Looks like your colonists are poorly equipped. Here, have these mechanoids.
- The dryer the climate, the more likely the boomrat raid. Dry thunderstorms only beyond this point.
- I see that your uninitiated grower made a great effort and chiseled 1000 stone blocks. Looks like he even gained one whole point in Crafting. From 3 to 4. Nice.. nice.. Here, take this trader. He has another 1000 blocks to sell.
- Building symmetry permission: denied.
- From here on, all of your prisoners shall be tribals. Enjoy converting them to your cause.
- Ohhhh! That one almost hit! Come on, keep firing those mortars. You'll destroy that crashed ship part. Eventually.
- Let us celebrate your updated arsenal, fortified defenses and idle colonists with a long period of peaceful and uneventful existence.

PookyJM

have half your colonist get malaria at the same time (3/6) when your out of medecine.
Oh wait, here is a combat suplier that always have them at a cheap price!
Oh sorry, just when you send someone to the com console, here is a crashed ship part that goes BOOM on your trade Beacon

wolfman1911

This one actually wiped out the colony.

You have been letting your food supply dwindle while dealing with other stuff? Here, let me give you a blight to wipe out everything that is almost ready for harvest.

keylocke

Quote from: wolfman1911 on October 13, 2014, 04:55:13 PM

You have been letting your food supply dwindle while dealing with other stuff? Here, let me give you a blight to wipe out everything that is almost ready for harvest.

you can always eat each other. just think of your fellow colonists as "emergency rations".  ;D

Cimanyd

Your door turrets are killing the wave of psychotic animals for you? Oh look, a solar flare!

Didn't actually cause any permanent damage, since there weren't many boars in the first place and some were already dead, but two colonists got incapacitated.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Axel

Did the 50+ Tribals just destroy your defenses? Well here's a wave of raiders and for kicks ill send a wave of psychotic tortoises you penned in at the beginning of the game.
The tortoises ended up taking out about 3 of my colonists. Leaving 5 others to deal with the raiders... Not very fun....

codyo

Half of your colony, and all of them your doctors suddenly bed-ridden with disease.
Then being attacked by raiders and drop pod robots.

wolfman1911

Quote from: keylocke on October 13, 2014, 05:25:54 PM
Quote from: wolfman1911 on October 13, 2014, 04:55:13 PM

you can always eat each other. just think of your fellow colonists as "emergency rations".  ;D

Funny enough, my second to last to die was a cannibal. She starved to death feeding a guy that had his leg shot off, because it was alpha 6.

RemingtonRyder

A colonist with a burning passion for Shooting skill, and the Trigger-Happy trait.

Or, as I like to call him, Shotts Missalot.

Cimanyd

Quote from: marvinkosh on October 13, 2014, 10:45:57 PM
A colonist with a burning passion for Shooting skill, and the Trigger-Happy trait.

Or, as I like to call him, Shotts Missalot.

Give him a minigun. They really are perfect for trigger-happy colonists.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Geokinesis

I think you mean the colonist with any of the medical backgrounds being incapable of caring.

Damien Hart

The storytellers are trolls... This explains so much.

You just defeated a siege party on a 400x400 map, and everyone is tired, hungry and sad because of all the bodies, and you need to get back to base asap? Well have a crashed ship part and its accompanying psychic drone, which is conveniently located at the opposite corner of the map. Nobody's making it back this time.

Lost Cause

Yup. I had a colony of 5 people, 3 of them had medicine skill level of 10 or higher.
Three people got sick. Guess which three!
Every single morning, my 3 medical personnel would get up, go to the medical ward and all 3 of them would lay down in the medical beds until I turned off the patient job on one of them X.x
It was really frustrating that with medicine priority 1 and patient priority 4 all three of them would always and invariably end up in bed together X.x
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!