[Mod] (Alpha 7) AdvancedTurrets v1.0 - Simple advanced turret & mortar

Started by Jimmeh, October 14, 2014, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmeh

Hi All :) I've decided I'll upload my basic & very simple advanced turret and mortar mod.
This was basically intended for personal use but I thought others may enjoy the changes too.
As this was just a basic mod, I have not attempted to change any textures.

I feel my additions are balanced due to the increased metal & power costs, build time and tech requirements. The mortar can also be built by besieging raiders, which adds to the risk of them doing significant damage.

My mod aimed to give an advanced option for the basic turret, mortar and incendiary mortar.

AdvancedTurret:

• Requires research tech: Advanced Turret - cost: 600
  • Health: 600
  • Flammability: 50%
  • Work to build: 3000
  • Power Consumption: 400
  • Metal cost: 300
  • Increased rate of fire and accuracy
  • Increased range and accuracy at range
  • Basically the M-16 on a turret

Advanced Mortar & Incendiary

• Requires research tech: Advanced Mortar - cost: 600
  • Health: 250
  • Work to build: 2700
  • Metal cost: 350
  • Increased rate of fire and accuracy
  • Warning: Can be constructed by besieging raiders.

Download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!2scDQDRJ!OGaJRFtRNevCfnX8MK0fnFEsSlhbMytEchbiAv8ot7A

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Igabod

what is it that makes the Advanced Turret more advanced than the standard ones. Are they more accurate or do they shoot faster or more bullets per burst? Or is the only thing that makes them better the health and flammability ratings? I wouldn't mind the turrets vanilla amount of health if they were even a tiny bit more accurate or something.

Jimmeh

Thanks for pointing out I hadn't explained that very well, haha. I modeled the advanced gun off the M-16, and from memory I improved the accuracy a little too, bringing it more in like with the M-24. A mounted and automated gun surely should be more accurate than a colonist holding a rifle.

Ivia

Mega gave a error and won't let me download for somehow, can you upload the file to the forum ;-;

Jimmeh