Additional Hazards

Started by Nasikabatrachus, October 13, 2014, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nasikabatrachus

1. RimWorld has a lot of solar flare events, which makes me think RW's system must be a hazardous place to live. Which makes me wonder: why shouldn't the colony have to worry about, say, radiation events as well? Special clothes might be required to shield a colonist from the harmful effects of radiation, making them a priority for a fledgling colony. Lasting negative effects might include illness, reduced organ function (losing eyesight, etc..)

2. Psychic events are pretty interesting, and have a lot of potential. I suggest that, in addition to or instead of blanket effects, psychic drones might also cause delusional thoughts which result in colonists having negative buffs about things that haven't happened (Lost an ally, colonist unburied), or even give strong desires to colonists (I must butcher X corpses! I must kill [colonist]! I must destroy a battery!) which result in colonists acting autonomously and resulting in negative consequences if their desires aren't fulfilled.

3. Siege weapons could stand to be more siege-y. I honestly think they're just a nuisance right now. Perhaps in the future, sieges could use weapons with longer-lasting effects, like a chlorine mortar than splatters chlorine sludge in an area of the base, which in turn releases dangerous gas for a period of time, and then must be cleaned up.