[A15] Less Incident Trolling (v1.4.3 / 26 Aug 2016)

Started by RemingtonRyder, October 15, 2014, 03:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: Ded1 on December 23, 2014, 07:23:35 PM
Solar flares are lethal in the ice sheet biome.  The temp can drop to -20 by the time it stops.

Well, the ice sheet biome presents its own set of challenges. Like, I don't even know if there's trees there, so you wouldn't be able to use a campfire.

thefinn

A reduction is "such and such an animal has gone crazy" would be great.

On Casandra it just seems to be constantly popping.

RemingtonRyder

Okay. I've added Less Animal Attacks in v1.1.2 - it doesn't completely eliminate them but should in theory make them less frequent.

nuschler22

Quote from: marvinkosh on December 27, 2014, 04:38:28 AM
Okay. I've added Less Animal Attacks in v1.1.2 - it doesn't completely eliminate them but should in theory make them less frequent.

Can I use this with my current colony? 

Also, just FYI, if you have the turret collection pack that has the sniper, it's pretty handy to take out the animals. 

RemingtonRyder

nuschler22

I don't know if it's this mod, but my level of raiders have been drastically reduced including mech attacks.

I was playing on Randy, rough.  Switched to Cassandra, challenge.  Still only one group of raiders in about six months time.  Switched back to Randy, challenge, and haven't had any raiders for about three months after that. 

Just curious if anyone else has been having a similar issue? 

One consideration could be that only one faction is hostile to me, but I was under the impression that mechs would take the place of raiders if they weren't hostile (in the overall game, not the mod).

Thanks for any information! :)

RemingtonRyder

Hmm, well all I can say is, I haven't done anything wtih the raider attacks. But I think yes, there has been some tweaking of the time between attacks and the scaling of the attacks against the colony and colonists.

nuschler22

Quote from: marvinkosh on December 28, 2014, 02:24:33 AM
Hmm, well all I can say is, I haven't done anything wtih the raider attacks. But I think yes, there has been some tweaking of the time between attacks and the scaling of the attacks against the colony and colonists.

Thanks.  I disabled the mod and started getting more attacks. 

Kane Hart

Thanks for this mod. I went ahead and modified it slightly for my own game play. I can't stand the solar flare or the short circuit to me they are not counter able and I just can't stand them :) I set their chance to just 0 so hope that works.

RemingtonRyder

Yep. Like I said though, when you're loading a save, sometimes there are events already lined up by the storyteller from before the chance was changed. Not much you can do about those.

Um, also, to clarify, I didn't make any changes to the storytellers or the scaling of attacks. That, I assume, has happened between Alpha 7 and 8, and is nothing to do with the mod. :)

Utherix

Is the slave trader incident increase working? I think I've seen one at most since I installed this mod.

Oxidus

Quote from: Tsilliev on October 19, 2014, 05:01:18 AM
Quote from: Girlinhat on October 18, 2014, 09:21:06 PM
Can you do anything about the annoying electrical explosions too?  I'd personally like them just removed from the game.  They don't add content, just tedium, as suddenly you have to rebuild a few power conduits and repair damages.  Plus it's the only event that you cannot defend against - solar flares, eclipses, and raiders (even drop pods) all have a method to counter, but power explosions are just cheatingly annoying and unstoppable.
I agree, maybe add a research project like "Improved Wiring" with 500 research cost which actually reduces the chance by %50, and then maybe a second project after this one "Optic Fiber Wiring" with research cost of 800 that reduces the chance to %95. Instead of removing them its more fun to tackle the problem by reasearching new tech.

But Girlinhat if you want you can go and remove it right now, go to the folder LessIncidentTrolling in the mod of rimworld, go to defs, go to incidentdef,go in the BaseIncidents.xml and go to line 103 and there is the shortcurcuit.
Make the chance to 0 or make the refire delay higher.

I need help i did it same as you said i set chance on 0 and made refire to 1000000000000000000000 but it still does like mod wasnt even functioning.And yes i allowed mod and installed it correctly.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

Utherix

Quote from: Oxidus on January 04, 2015, 05:50:44 AMI need help i did it same as you said i set chance on 0 and made refire to 1000000000000000000000 but it still does like mod wasnt even functioning.And yes i allowed mod and installed it correctly.

1000000000000000000000 is too big of a number to be stored in an integer. The program could just decide to ignore the file or entry as invalid upon reaching such a large number.

Use a reasonable number. Like 1000 or 2000000000.

evrett33

This is starting to get bloated. The first few were good fixes but if you are going to make changes to every event can you make the mod sectioned so we can pick and choose which change we want?

Oxidus

Quote from: evrett33 on January 04, 2015, 01:27:58 PM
This is starting to get bloated. The first few were good fixes but if you are going to make changes to every event can you make the mod sectioned so we can pick and choose which change we want?
Now i made 1000 Still not working.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.