[A15] Less Incident Trolling (v1.4.3 / 26 Aug 2016)

Started by RemingtonRyder, October 15, 2014, 03:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falcongrey

Quote from: zeldion on June 13, 2015, 12:13:20 AM
Will there be an update for 11?

I'm sure in time. There was a LOT changed and added so patience is the key. ;)
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

RemingtonRyder

Oh hell yeah. I'll have a look at the incidents and storytellers for A11 tonight and see what needs doing. Probably won't take all that long to update. Balancing might take a little longer! :)

Aaaaand updated. See top post!

LanMc

Quote from: MarvinKosh on June 13, 2015, 12:44:17 PM
Oh hell yeah. I'll have a look at the incidents and storytellers for A11 tonight and see what needs doing. Probably won't take all that long to update. Balancing might take a little longer! :)

Aaaaand updated. See top post!

You rock for this!  Thank you!
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

RemingtonRyder

Having played a game out for five months, I noticed that there are very few random events with Cassandra. This unfortunately means it can be ages before you see a trader.

I'll be testing a version with a lower MTB for events. That should keep things interesting, I think.

RemingtonRyder

v1.2.7 is up. Cassandra will give you random events a bit more than in v1.2.6!

RulerBrendan

Thank you tons! I created a colony and was doing pretty well, but I only had a few colonists and crap weapons. Then I got three raids in a row, literally minutes between the first and second, and instant from second to third. I couldn't win after already losing a colonist in the second raid and the third being twice the size. I needed something like this. I just hope I can use it without starting a new colony...
If you're ever feeling down. If you ever think all is lost. If you ever need something to help you succeed. Remember: Potato.

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: RulerBrendan on July 01, 2015, 07:11:14 AM
I needed something like this. I just hope I can use it without starting a new colony...

You're welcome. Yes, you can start using it with an existing colony without any problems. Best of luck. :)

jerome736

Just checking, does this work as is with A12? Thanks! :)

RemingtonRyder

It hasn't been tested, but in theory it should work. I'll be adding an A12 version here before integrating it into the modpack, so watch this space.

space
:)

RemingtonRyder

pigman,

Read the mod description before you criticise it.

There used to be a lot more tweaks in this mod, but I had to remove them because changes to the vanilla game which you're talking about, made them redundant, or other mods balanced them out.

RemingtonRyder

Added a new feature today. Long overdue, this one is!

In v1.3.0 you will no longer experience solar flares while there is an eclipse. I may later tighten this up and just make them mutually exclusive map conditions.

Jorlem

Do the changes listed for 1.2.9 mean that if I'm playing Cassandra, I'll get more crop blights and raids?  I'm rather confused by this, as it appears to contradict this:
This mod reduces the chance for some incidents to fire and/or increases the time before they can fire again.

RemingtonRyder

Crop blights were changed in Alpha 12 so they happen much less often.

Also, since vanilla Cassandra in Alpha 12 has changed to be quite close to what I had defined in her storyteller XML, I dropped that from the mod too.

Jorlem

Ah, ok.  I think I see what is going on.  I had thought that the events listed under 1.2.9 were vanilla events, and that this mod was removing them, but they are actually events added in an earlier version of the mod and are no longer needed due to changes in the base game, correct?

Tekuromoto

Not sure if this is the place to request this, but would it be possible to add the ability to toggle the "wanderer joins" event? I want to play a solo game and all the other ways of getting colonists are at your discretion except where some guy just decides to hang out, forever. :P

Or maybe a "mini mod" (I know, there's no such thing) that just turns the event off?