[A15] Less Incident Trolling (v1.4.3 / 26 Aug 2016)

Started by RemingtonRyder, October 15, 2014, 03:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

A13 version is up. If something goes wrong, please let me know, but it should be fine as far as I know.

v1.3.6 Dropbox - Alpha 13 compatibility (including day length). Infestations won't happen for the first 45 days.

Lomano

Quote from: MarvinKosh on April 11, 2016, 02:30:03 PM
A13 version is up. If something goes wrong, please let me know, but it should be fine as far as I know.

v1.3.6 Dropbox - Alpha 13 compatibility (including day length). Infestations won't happen for the first 45 days.
Thank you! I let you know if i find any bugs.
Such luck, much love, wow.

bigbobbear

i was missing this mod, its so noticeable to play a13 without it compared to a12 with it to the point i dont even want to deal with it

FrankDrebin

I installed this but I honestly don't see any difference to a13 without it, I keep getting all kinda shit constantly, like at the moment I have toxic fallout and day later I get physic drone, stuff seem to break a part very often with or without this mod, so it is not working? or it is too mild to make any noticeable changes...

RemingtonRyder

The difference is supposed to be subtle.

You will still get bad combinations of incidents, but a few of the supertroll ones have been sanity-fixed to not happen any more e.g. solar flare and heat wave. The only way in vanilla RimWorld to defend against that is to dig into a mountain where it's cooler. I feel that a heat wave on its own is enough of a problem without all the coolers suddenly dying!

The formula for calculating raids is different. Instead of penalising players for having better weaponry, the size of a raid is in proportion to colony population and a small percentage of building wealth.

Something to bear in mind, especially if you're used to Alpha 12, is that days are longer. Which means that more things can happen over the course of a couple of days - visitors, traders, raiders, stuff falling from the sky, squirrels swearing holy vengeance against your colonists' eyes. Your colonists can also get more done in a given day, so I'd say it evens out.

Dspendragon

Is it bad that I no longer can play rimworld without this mod :P
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

RemingtonRyder

If you would like to suggest that this mod be added to the vanilla game, go here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13182.0

m112

my batteries still keep exploding every 2 days, is it just me?

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: m112 on April 14, 2016, 04:08:38 PM

did you rename 'NoConduitExplode.xml.off' to remove .off at the end? otherwise conduit explosions still happen.

RemingtonRyder

m112

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on April 14, 2016, 04:46:44 PM
Quote from: m112 on April 14, 2016, 04:08:38 PM

did you rename 'NoConduitExplode.xml.off' to remove .off at the end? otherwise conduit explosions still happen.
oops.. ty!

NephilimNexus

Quote from: Kolljak on October 16, 2014, 04:51:29 AM
So.... you cant beat Friendly Phoebe is what your saying.

The First Rule of Modding: The first comment on any mod that makes a game easier will be some troll trying to wave his e-peen around.

Mathenaut

Oh how I've missed this mod in A13. Thank you.