[A15] Less Incident Trolling (v1.4.3 / 26 Aug 2016)

Started by RemingtonRyder, October 15, 2014, 03:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: evrett33 on January 04, 2015, 01:27:58 PM
This is starting to get bloated. The first few were good fixes but if you are going to make changes to every event can you make the mod sectioned so we can pick and choose which change we want?

It is sectioned:

RimWorld657Win\Mods\LessIncidentTrolling\Defs\IncidentDefs

LessAnimalAttacks.xml
LessOftenBlight.xml
LessOftenSolarFlare.xml
MoreOftenSlaveTraders.xml
NoConduitExplode.xml

I think maybe you guys have picked up the Alpha 7 version of the mod by mistake. Unless you're playing Alpha 7, anyway, in which case setting the chance to zero is enough for an event to not fire.

As I have said, if the storyteller had decided on doing an event before you saved your game, it will still play out after activating the mod and reloading your game. However, if you play for a few days and the events are still happening even after you've set the chance to zero, then I can't see how that is possible, unless another mod is overriding this one.

bullet

Is it possible to remove the siege type from the enemy raids?

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: bullet on January 05, 2015, 11:05:40 PM
Is it possible to remove the siege type from the enemy raids?

Not without a DLL mod, unfortunately. I may try my hand at writing one, but someone else would probably have a head start in figuring it out.

RemingtonRyder

So um, just FYI, I played a game with Randy Random as the storyteller. For whatever reason, he seemed to enjoy just sending another wave of enemies just as I'd recovered from the last one. Anyway, if you're not getting pummeled enough then maybe he's the storyteller to try. :)

Facepunch

Quote from: Kolljak on October 16, 2014, 04:51:29 AM
So.... you cant beat Friendly Phoebe is what your saying.

I play on Random randy Challenge mod its not that hard [the game is] to begin with why would we want to make it easier then easy.Not saying your mod is bad or anything its just i dont see the point when the easiest setting Pheobe Base Builder does this already.

Not nessicarily. I do Pheobe, challenge set to 1.1, I disabled the annoying this (Solar flares, eclipses, coduit explosions), and increased the actually dangerous things by a fair amount(Raids, ship parts, etc.).

DaggettBeaver

Quote from: MarvinKosh on October 17, 2014, 12:53:34 PMWhen you reach a certain size of population, slave traders are going to stop coming by anyway (yes, even if you just want to sell, not buy).  I'll see how it goes, anyway. :)

Have you considered removing that or at least reducing its impact?

I tried to remove that by deleting the following row...
<populationEffect>Increase</populationEffect>

... but i never modded anything before so i don't know if it works. But as far as my logic goes it should be okay...

Personally i would like to just reduce the impact, since it's okay if Slave Traders come less often if your colony grows, but it totally sucks that you never have the chance to sell any prisoners (or... umm... brain-shot colonists... i know, i am a bad person...) at some point. So... do you have any idea how to reach that? If it's impossible i guess it is still better to completely remove the impact of increasing population and re-set the chance for slave traders to 4.5, since just incresing the chance to 10 didn't really solve any problem... (in the early game 4.5 seems to be enough, in the mid- to late-game there is no difference between 4.5 and 10...)

RemingtonRyder

Well, removing the part about population increase should in theory allow for the slave trader to arrive when ordinarily the storyteller would deny it. On the other hand, it will probably mean that they will arrive less frequently when you're below the desired population.

Try it and see, basically. :)

DaggettBeaver

Seems to work - removing the
<populationEffect>Increase</populationEffect>
lead to the desired amount of slave traders at 4.5 chance... they are rare, but they appear... the first one appeared after i had 5 colonists, so i guess it doesn't reduce early slave traders to much (if at all).

RemingtonRyder

shhfiftyfive

i think i would appreciate a mod that also tones down the lightning storms.

- not sure if just making the storms "event?" occur less often alone is a total solution (because that wouldn't lessen the number and size of fires), but it couldn't hurt.

- basically, the fire spread from lightning strikes is so massive, it is trollish. i don't suppose there is something in the game code you could tweak to nerf the spread rate, distance, and/or propagation of fires??

- and the fact that you can have several areas of the map simultaneously burning due to a single storm hitting in several locations per storm.. that is just out of control. not sure if there's something in the code that could allow you to lower the amount of lightning strikes per storm? 1 - okay. 4 - you gotta be kidding me.

numen0r

I cloned one of your xml and replaced it with this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Defs>

<IncidentDef>
    <defName>ColdSnap</defName>
    <workerClass>IncidentWorker_ColdSnap</workerClass>
    <chance>0</chance>
    <minRefireDays>15</minRefireDays>
    <favorability>Bad</favorability>
  </IncidentDef>

</Defs>

would that work??

RemingtonRyder

RemingtonRyder

electrichobo

I'm running A9 and the updated version of this mod, but my batteries just short circuited and i'm having animals going on killing sprees way more often than before. The mod isn't working for me. Anyone else experiencing the same?

RemingtonRyder

There have been some storyteller changes in A9. Could I ask which one you're using so I can do some more testing?