[1.0] Turret Collection (update 02.03.2019, adds more contents)

Started by eatKenny, October 15, 2014, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

Quote from: MelanisticAlbino on October 26, 2014, 09:25:22 AM
I was actually thinking about that! Do you know if they are compatible? Hehe

yes they are compatible! have fun ;)

eatKenny

updated to v_1.2, enjoy 8)

feedbacks and suggestions are always welcome ;)

NoImageAvailable

Looking at the stats the howitzer seems kinda underwhelming compared to the rocket launcher. It has a bigger explosion but the rocket launcher can fire a salvo of 6 missiles in the time the howitzer fires 3 shells and the higher construction cost and power draw make it look pretty unattractive or am I missing something?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

eatKenny

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on October 28, 2014, 01:39:22 PM
Looking at the stats the howitzer seems kinda underwhelming compared to the rocket launcher. It has a bigger explosion but the rocket launcher can fire a salvo of 6 missiles in the time the howitzer fires 3 shells and the higher construction cost and power draw make it look pretty unattractive or am I missing something?

if you test it, Howitzer is more accurate than rocket launcher and deals more dmg(one shot packaged survival meal in siege situation), with almost 1/3 cooldown of the Rocket launcher i think it's ok.

but anyway, it's just being added so more balances will come in following update, keep your feedbacks coming ;)

eatKenny

updated to v_1.3, enjoy 8)

feedbacks and suggestions are always welcome ;)

Rikiki

I just read the description and laser turret "fires over wall" looks quite strange... Just one typo error I guess. ;)

eatKenny

Quote from: Rikiki on October 30, 2014, 07:35:59 PM
I just read the description and laser turret "fires over wall" looks quite strange... Just one typo error I guess. ;)
In my mind It's more like Laser Tower, like Sniper Tower but with Laser weapon, so it do fire over walls because of hight, not very lethal due to power limitation but do make a good support, like set enemies on fire and in real life will blind the enemies too, which in rimworld I would like to make it force enemies to miss shoot in a short time(don't know how to make it possible though  ???)

Clibanarius

He meant that the English grammar seemed incorrect. On that note, the anti-material turret should be spelled as such, not 'materiel'

Rikiki

OK, I understand if it is a tower. :)
No no, not correcting others English, this is not my native tongue so...

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Clibanarius on October 31, 2014, 03:27:51 AM
He meant that the English grammar seemed incorrect. On that note, the anti-material turret should be spelled as such, not 'materiel'

Materiel is the proper term. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/materiel
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Clibanarius

What an incredibly specific word, holy crap. I stand corrected!

StorymasterQ

Who cares if it's anti-material or anti-materiel. I'll care if it's anti-matter, instead :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

eatKenny

Quote from: StorymasterQ on October 31, 2014, 05:32:01 AM
Who cares if it's anti-material or anti-materiel. I'll care if it's anti-matter, instead :D
you should check the "Railgun" from mod "More Weapons" made by Skullywag, it is actully an anti-matter rifle ;)

skullywag

Quote from: eatKenny on October 31, 2014, 05:38:09 AM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on October 31, 2014, 05:32:01 AM
you should check the "Railgun" from mod "More Weapons" made by Skullywag, it is actully an anti-matter rifle ;)

Technically anti-pawn ;) but its possible to make it pure anti matter.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Timber

A small suggestion:

Reduce the cooldown on the rocket turrets by like 15% and make it consume rockets (from a hopper) with each volley.
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas