[1.0] Turret Collection (update 02.03.2019, adds more contents)

Started by eatKenny, October 15, 2014, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dareddevil7

Quote from: eatKenny on August 17, 2016, 10:14:54 AM
Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 13, 2016, 02:49:34 PM
Quote from: eatKenny on August 13, 2016, 02:11:21 PM
this is how it works before:
spotlight fires and invisible bullet to an area which creates an invisible "sunlamp", this sunlamp will disappear after like 30s, and the cold down time for the spotlight is also 30s.

Haha that's clever

really, i think its stupid, i wish the spotlight will follow the nearst enemy till he dies.
What about it shooting invisible bullets at a very high rate and have the light die after a very short amount of time? Or would that break stuff?

Zxypher

Quote from: dareddevil7 on August 24, 2016, 04:53:05 PM
What about it shooting invisible bullets at a very high rate and have the light die after a very short amount of time? Or would that break stuff?

I think this would cause performance issues. Maybe one ever 5-6 seconds. Should still be fast enough to track a pawn if the radius is large enough/pawn  is slow enough.

Goldini50

« Reply #374 on: August 24, 2016, 02:59:03 PM »
Can anyone tell me how I can get these turrets ? I have unlocked them via research but if I try to craft them it says (f.e. I need a M2 MAchine Gun)
Do I can get them only via trading ? Because I had many traders but all of them offered only the vanilla rimworld stuff .

Thx for your response ;)

ruzackovich

Quote from: Goldini50 on August 25, 2016, 06:14:58 AM
« Reply #374 on: August 24, 2016, 02:59:03 PM »
Can anyone tell me how I can get these turrets ? I have unlocked them via research but if I try to craft them it says (f.e. I need a M2 MAchine Gun)
Do I can get them only via trading ? Because I had many traders but all of them offered only the vanilla rimworld stuff .

usually trading ship @ combat suppliers .  try at machining is it available naval gun shell, other than that , try dev mode  ;D

Thx for your response ;)

eatKenny

Quote from: Zxypher on August 25, 2016, 02:17:41 AM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on August 24, 2016, 04:53:05 PM

I think this would cause performance issues.

yes indeed.

Jan2607

Master Bucketsmith

Not to hijack this thread but in relation to those spotlights, I'm getting close to finishing a working version that'll actively follow the target. It foregoes the entire firing mechanism and projectiles, all together, for a lot less performance drain.

Mag

Will you add more turrets or features in the next updates ?

bshow122

Any word on how the updating is going? Excited to kill some raiders with naval guns!

Goosedown

Yes!
Thank you eatKenny, this mod has always been one of my essentials. I, and i imagine a lot of people, really appreciate you putting the time in to update this.

eatKenny

added tesla coil turret for better defense against melee rush.

hiepbg

Quote from: eatKenny on October 01, 2016, 09:53:00 AM
added tesla coil turret for better defense against melee rush.

Great

Can you make a version of Tesla coil Turret for stunning enemies?