Multiplayer

Started by Zknar, September 25, 2013, 02:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avros008

This is my only dream about a game.

Play the rimworld with your friends <3 raid them, trade with them and other stuff. Even dreaming about it is awesome.

Flavi Diaboli

Me and a friend of mine have been enjoying Rimworld. But the one the we still want is a coop mode, maybe it can be set up with simple peer-to-peer servers. For the rest it might be fun to have 2 game modes. 1 where each player has their own colony and one mode where the players all share 1 colony.

This was just an idea I had, would be fun to see it in the game.

davidvia7

If the multiplayer would be added,you could play as prisoners then!  8)
that would be so amazing tho.

Seporator

Would be great to interact with others or even a friend or two to work with.
Maybe one day :)

Call me Arty

Well, since we're still adding to this, the best way to add it would probably be similar to something like Shadow of War, Dragon's Dogma, and/or Heat Signature.

Basically, there's a colony another player made that shows up somewhere. It's controlled by them, it's just got the name of the faction and settlement. Maybe a couple select pawns in their gear, and bases if Tynan's feeling crazy. It'd be pretty neat to see someone complaining about pirates and I see a familiar face in the screenshot.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Names are for the Weak

Maybe to ensure that your base isn't completely destroyed every time you leave, your town could not be interacted with at all when you're gone. Trading or attacks could happen only when you were online.

max2veg

For a way to make multiplayer (co-op only for now) work, see Prison Architect's latest YT vid as of now, and/or DL latest beta of the game.

I tried it, so far works, quite fun, some bugs but it's still in dev, thus on beta branch.

Steel Balls

I would love to see a multiplayer in this game, recently i found this mod:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47445.0

Something like this but added like a feature of the base game could be just PERFECT and its not a difficult thing =)

Maistronom

Quote from: Steel Balls on March 27, 2019, 05:41:30 AM
I would love to see a multiplayer in this game, recently i found this mod:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47445.0

Something like this but added like a feature of the base game could be just PERFECT and its not a difficult thing =)

I second this motion.

ToXeye

Now that Steam Remote Play is out, will there be ways to use that platform to play Rimworld?
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

Steel Balls

Still dont understand why the devs dont add the multiplayer, they made a GREAT work with this game, and add multiplayer can make it be PERFECT, sriusly there are actually at the multiplayer's mod discord 3000 people, we are not 5 or 20 people, no, we are more than 3000.

People would love see it ingame, add it as a dlc optional, add it in the way u want, but do it please!!

vinicius3232

d00p

Quote from: Steel Balls on January 26, 2020, 06:31:03 AM
Still dont understand why the devs dont add the multiplayer, they made a GREAT work with this game, and add multiplayer can make it be PERFECT, sriusly there are actually at the multiplayer's mod discord 3000 people, we are not 5 or 20 people, no, we are more than 3000.

People would love see it ingame, add it as a dlc optional, add it in the way u want, but do it please!!

Just give up... TEN years, mate. Tyn prefers DLCs that destroy the game experience.