Thieves!

Started by Noobshock, October 16, 2014, 08:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noobshock

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6903.0

QuoteSurely not every raider band wants to go for the full frontal assault strategy. Surely some would just bring along some charges, attempt to poke holes in your defense (while avoiding turrets), maybe blow up a wall or two and try to steal your valuables and make a run for it.

That would be great to have as an event (that may or may not be announced, you might need to keep track of the environment for that kind of thing).

I'm not sure how possible this is, depending on how AI works and what enemies are allowed to carry or not, but I'd sure love to see it. Mega bonus points if they can make their escape using a vehicle (thinking of buggies here or maybe small ships).

I suggested it as a mod but this really should be in the base game in whatever form.

Noobshock

Adding to that, the thieves would only stop to fight if clearly in a position of superiority (aka your lone hauler walks into a room with 5 of them), or if they're cornered. Otherwise they'd mostly try to avoid fighting.

6_Sic_6

Yeah, it gives news objectives to the raiders. They seem stupid sometimes, going straight through the kill box. A few explosives and BOOM, an opened wall in your storage room, or a weak point that makes you lose your defensive advantage.

Maybe this thieves thing can be included in new recruited colonists or something. I believe colonists should have reactions about the things they see and do. For example a good guy that dislikes how prisoners are treated. He grabs some food, some equipment, a few silver, and leaves that horrible colony searching a better place to be.

skullywag

Personally id like them to "raid", grab stacks of your stuff and leg it. I dont care how they do it, some of the raiders should avoid fighting while others draw your attention, they should want to come away with a certain value of goods per person still alive. Also have the sieges fire a few shells at the same time. Basically I want varied tactics in each raid, not just seige or spamrun.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Noobshock

Yeah, having even a mini siege shell you with artillery while a group tries to break in through some side area with charges would be awesome.

Less spam raider numbers, more engaging tactics!

TrashMan