[A13] Small Nutrient Paste Dispensers (1.5)(CCL)

Started by Kirid, October 16, 2014, 08:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirid

Small Nutrient Paste Dispensers

FRONT                            SIDE                              MINI

Important Notes:
Thanks to 1000101 for CCL conversion.
Community Core Library required

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in game.

Change Log:
1.1- Update for Alpha 9
1.2- Update for Alpha 10
1.3- Update for Alpha 11
       1.3 Still works for Alpha 12
1.4- Update for Alpha 13
1.5- CCL version

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Kirid

Thanks to sanya02 for tuning me into a way to get them working.
I tested them for awhile, they should be working fine. If anyone notices any problems let me know.

JuliaEllie

Hey I like your mod - especially the textures :) I really love the concept of small mods adding only one or two applications so people can make their own "tool box" of mods. Was it a design decision to only let one dispenser exist at a time?

Igabod

I don't use dispensers myself. But this is a good idea. I am thinking of downloading the mod as it is right now and giving it a shot though. I suggest settling on one design and then put them behind a research topic and don't replace the vanilla ones. I'd make the research cost fairly high for it too. One of my biggest gripes about NPD's is their size. I also am not fond of that negative thought you get from eating paste. If you could possibly remove or reduce that negative thought along with the smaller size then I'd be all over this. Cooking is annoying sometimes when your only good cook is also your only good miner or construction worker.

Kirid

Quote from: JuliaEllie on October 16, 2014, 08:56:15 PM
Hey I like your mod - especially the textures :) I really love the concept of small mods adding only one or two applications so people can make their own "tool box" of mods. Was it a design decision to only let one dispenser exist at a time?

Quote from: Igabod on October 16, 2014, 09:28:57 PM
I suggest settling on one design and then put them behind a research topic and don't replace the vanilla ones. 
If you could possibly remove or reduce that negative thought along with the smaller size then I'd be all over this.

Thanks! It's not a design choice, they don't work unless they overwrite the original. I tried adding all 3 as one mod so you could chose once in-game, but I think there is code that controls pawn's geting meals from it. Simply naming an objects as Building_NutrientPasteDispenser didn't work, it has to steal the defname too.

Replacing the vanilla ones doesn't matter much imo. If you want vanilla, dont download them mod; once you've downloaded the mod, why would you use the vanilla?
This mod is best used if you just imagine that the vanilla texture isn't a huge honking machine.
It's not supposed to make it more OP, just more manageable. That tiny one does feel cheaty without research, but I haven't gotten that far..

Minus

Was hoping to get some insight into dispensers for my own mod. And I did. Shame it seems they really are hardcoded into the game. Thanks for the info. This is probably the best we can get a dispenser to be at this version of the game.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Igabod

Quote from: Kirid on October 16, 2014, 10:52:12 PM
Thanks! It's not a design choice, they don't work unless they overwrite the original. I tried adding all 3 as one mod so you could chose once in-game, but I think there is code that controls pawn's geting meals from it. Simply naming an objects as Building_NutrientPasteDispenser didn't work, it has to steal the defname too.

Replacing the vanilla ones doesn't matter much imo. If you want vanilla, dont download them mod; once you've downloaded the mod, why would you use the vanilla?
This mod is best used if you just imagine that the vanilla texture isn't a huge honking machine.
It's not supposed to make it more OP, just more manageable. That tiny one does feel cheaty without research, but I haven't gotten that far..

Alright, those limitations are understandable. I have limited modding experience with this game and wasn't aware of those issues. So thank you for informing me. I just gave up on my recent colony last night because there are a few new mods out that I've been wanting to try and I'm going to download this and try it out tonight.

skullywag

Ill have a look into this for you but I'm sure if you added a worker def for your new paste dispenser def it would work. I'm in the middle of something right now but ill check tonight if I can.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Kirid

Updated! Please be sure to read and only activate one at a time. Repackaged into a single mod rather than individuals. They are all fairly small anyways.

thefinn

Niiiice... You can't make like 3 extra ones in the game ?

Dr. Z

Hmmm..couldn't you just make three different new dispensers with different Def names but the same ingame names?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Igabod

The def name is the important part as far as the code is concerned. The code for NPD's looks specifically for the defname of the NPD and if it doesn't match then it doesn't work.

nash076