[A13] Small Nutrient Paste Dispensers (1.5)(CCL)

Started by Kirid, October 16, 2014, 08:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirid

Heh, you're welcome. I know what you mean, I've spoiled myself with them.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Adamiks

Hmm... Is there any technical reason why all these dispensers can't be in one mod?

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Adamiks on May 23, 2015, 07:47:25 PM
Hmm... Is there any technical reason why all these dispensers can't be in one mod?

Yep there is.

Quote from: Kirid on October 16, 2014, 08:09:10 PM

Only Activate One!

Each dispenser is an overwrite of the vanilla paste dispenser. They will replace the original.

Quote from: Kirid on October 16, 2014, 10:52:12 PM
Quote from: Igabod on October 16, 2014, 09:28:57 PM
I suggest settling on one design and then put them behind a research topic and don't replace the vanilla ones. 
If you could possibly remove or reduce that negative thought along with the smaller size then I'd be all over this.

Thanks! It's not a design choice, they don't work unless they overwrite the original. I tried adding all 3 as one mod so you could chose once in-game, but I think there is code that controls pawn's geting meals from it. Simply naming an objects as Building_NutrientPasteDispenser didn't work, it has to steal the defname too.

branch?

Can someone do some sort of simple edit and turn this mod compatible with A13?
how lit was it

Kirid

Updated!
Please remember to install it correctly (only select one). Shouldn't be any, but report any bugs you find.

First of my updated mods to include breakdown. Been hesitant because I wasn't sure how it worked.
Mod is looking dated, added to the list to retexture.

tigg

Just so you know, with CCL installed, you can have as many different NPDs as you like.  CCL detours the hard-coded checks looking for the specific def into checks for the building class.

So, for CCL users, you can make an "all-in-one" version.

/shameless CCL promotion
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

branch?

Quote from: 1000101 on April 18, 2016, 06:03:42 PM
Just so you know, with CCL installed, you can have as many different NPDs as you like.  CCL detours the hard-coded checks looking for the specific def into checks for the building class.

So, for CCL users, you can make an "all-in-one" version.

/shameless CCL promotion

I merged them all into one file and my Colonists don't use the NPDs anymore. They don't regard them as a food source. Sad because I outfitted my prison with small NPD dispensers and Dining Room with Side Dispensers but they don't use them even when I went into debug and made them starve.
how lit was it

I just tried myself and didn't have any issue with four different NPDs available.

I did notice that this mod is trying to inherit an abstract which it doesn't have access to.  "BuildingBase" is not defined in any of the mod versions and you can't inherit across mods.  I'm assuming that the idea is to inherit from Core, but you can't do that.

Anyway, while doing a CCL version of this, I did discover a small bug (multiple mods injecting the same ThingComp into the same def) in CCL which I've fixed and will be in the next CCL release.  Fixed in CCL v0.13.1.1

Attached (I will remove it if Kirid demands it) is a CCL compatible version, may have issues with CCL-VT until the next CCL release (due to the bug).

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Kirid

Very cool. Thank you!
Quote from: 1000101 on April 24, 2016, 06:53:20 PM
I did notice that this mod is trying to inherit an abstract which it doesn't have access to.  "BuildingBase" is not defined in any of the mod versions and you can't inherit across mods.  I'm assuming that the idea is to inherit from Core, but you can't do that.
Are you certain it isn't inherited from the core? I think it used to be required. I haven't defined BuildingBase in any of my mods, yet they are all functioning as intended without it. If you notice Buildings_Art in ThingDef_Building is the only place it is defined in the core.

The abstract definitions are only valid in the mod which defines them.  If you check your output_log.txt/Player.log you will find xml errors about missing xml tags.  Don't rely on the debug window that may not popup and doesn't show everything, it is virtually useless.  Always check the log file itself.