Started by turnus, October 17, 2014, 03:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you bury your dead or cremate them.

Cremation (Colonists & Raiders)
Cremation (Raiders) Bury (Colonists)
Cremation (Colonists) Bury (Raiders)
Bury (Colonists & Raiders)

CheekiestBreekiest

I never once even considered not butchering them once I found out it was possible. How could you waste all that leather?

It's like you don't even want to be efficient.

kerky

I honor my colonists with a burial and plant a flower pot near their grave. the buried colonist also has on the clothes/armour they had on at time of  death.

raiders on the other hand are stripped and cremated.

ThermalShark

I always butcher every single corpse and make cowboy hats from the skin. Also on raids i always try to incapacitate and capture every raider, even if they are incapable of everything and are missing 2 legs and 3 arms, because they still have organs, skin and meat.

Immediately after a raid, i run after the fleeing raiders if possible, while rescuing all my incapacitated colonists, then i capture all the incapacitated raiders, and after the more urgent problems are solved (like fires and heavily injuried colonists) and everyone eats and sleeps, i strip every single corpse then move them to a temporary stockpile where they wait to be butchered.

The human meat is fed to the prisoners that are missing a member and/or are incapable of a lot of stuff (AKA "organ bags").

I never:

• Sell a prisoner, because selling the organs and cowboy hats is more profitable.
  • Bury or cremate any corpse, unless it already started rotting and cannot be butchered (in that case i cremate).
  • Euthanize or execute. It is always better to strip 3 organs then butcher.

Even if a prisoner is missing a member i still recruit them if they have good skills and a not very high recruitment difficulty. This was the case with 2 of my colonists, which are missing one of their hands each, until a trader arrives with a prosthetic arm. I tried recruiting someone without a leg, but after about 2 months trying i decided to just take her lung, kidney and heart out, then strip the skin to make hats for my 2 colonists without a hand, and feed her flesh to a legless tribal which i threw in a dark tiny dirty hole while waiting to get meds to take his organs too.
What happens when Pinocchio says: "My nose will grow now"?

Untrustedlife

You should add another option

"chop up for the further sustenance of the colony in times of trouble*
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Elkrazar

Strip and burn colonists.

Burn raiders, strip only if they have useful gear.

The whole business is messy, best to get it over with quick.

Wex

I love tribal attacks! The quantity of free meat and leather is awesome! Lavish meals +10, Cooked cannibalism -12, Nutrient paste -5. Do you see my point?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

BetaSpectre

I build a church, grow flowers, then burn it all usually the stone church survives. One last drink my friend. I usually don't lose colonists though.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Jstank

I just make a huge graveyard with everyone in it then when I get around to cremation I clear out the 3/4 of the graves and cremate the rest. This usually clears up some building or growing space.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux