[MOD] (Alpha 10) Medical surgery XP balance

Started by Minus, October 17, 2014, 11:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minus

Retweaked my Medical XP mod a tad. This version gives 60% more XP than it used to. However, this amount is 90% LESS than the vanilla XP rate. I have NO IDEA what Tynan was doing when he made surgery so broken, but I presume he just missed out a decimal point.

But whatever the reasons, I'm offering up the choice now to lower it a bit. This is the same file used in my Extended Surgery and Bionics mod. To give you the proper numbers they're like this:

Old Medical XP mod.           1XP a second
Vanilla Alpha 10.               16XP a second
Current Medical XP mod.     1.6XP a second

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Tsilliev

Good idea, I will try it,ty.

edit: I guess I have to start new game so it takes effect or?

Clibanarius

I greatly appreciate the mods you've put together, Minus, thanks for posting 'em for the rest of us to use!

old_sinh

It's was here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6679.0 .... What's new?

Clibanarius

Anyone understand what you are even trying to say?

Matthiasagreen

He was wondering if anyone was aware that this mod already exists within the other mod he mentioned.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Clibanarius

That seems to fit the context, thanks. It's sometimes hard when none of the words seem to actually fit together in that way. Oy.

DracoGriffin

Back on topic...

Thanks for the mod; didn't feel like adding all the extraneous things of the other mod or reliance on third mods.

Needed a mod like this that is simple and gets the job done! Thanks Minus!
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

Minus

Quote from: Tsilliev on October 17, 2014, 11:20:46 AM
Good idea, I will try it,ty.

edit: I guess I have to start new game so it takes effect or?
I tested it on a saved game and it worked right away!

Quote from: old_sinh on October 17, 2014, 12:32:30 PM
It's was here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6679.0 .... What's new?
I prefer mods that do specific things like this to be their own mods. Not everyone wants those other bits, or they may already have a bionics mod that wont work together with that one. Still, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Also I really appreciate the thanks you guys are giving me. Doesn't feel all that deserved when I'm making such tiny mods though. Hopefully I'll make a real mod that deserves praise.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Minus on October 18, 2014, 08:44:50 AM
Also I really appreciate the thanks you guys are giving me. Doesn't feel all that deserved when I'm making such tiny mods though. Hopefully I'll make a real mod that deserves praise.

I am personally a fan of small, a la carte mods over big game changing mods. I am definitely with you that not everyone wants the other things you put into it. I wish all mods were like this.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Sion

Can you make the colonists earn Operation XP from butchering animals (lower amount) and humans (higher amount)?

I'm thinking something like:
Butcher animal: 50-100 XP (animals aren't so similar to humans, therefore lower XP)
Heal a person: 150 XP (already in mod)
Butcher human: 200-300 XP (because that's like an autopsy, witch really lets the doc figure out how the stuff inside is supposed to be put together)
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

JuliaEllie

Please refrain from poking the dead mods. Let them rest in peace and dignity.

skullywag

Dead? This isnt dead, it does 1 thing and does it well. I use it all the time. The request was a good one i thought. You in the right thread JEllie? :D
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

JuliaEllie

Its now part of Extended Surgery and wont be updated anymore. So technically this mod is dead.

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Minus on October 18, 2014, 08:44:50 AM
I prefer mods that do specific things like this to be their own mods. Not everyone wants those other bits, or they may already have a bionics mod that wont work together with that one. Still, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Doesn't seem like it wouldn't be updated.