Just found this game...

Started by Endoric, October 17, 2014, 05:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endoric

...and i just bought this game.  Wow.  I first saw this game at 5:02PM Eastern Time and I am frantically attempting to remember my pay pal password.

Any quick first timer advice?

postm00v

Even though I'm quite new to this, my advice would be ..

*edit*

On second thought, no, I have no advice. lol  ;D

Shinzy

Quote from: postm00v on October 17, 2014, 05:29:38 PM
Even though I'm quite new to this, my advice would be ..

Fear Scythers.
shh!! He's trying to scare you, there's no such thing as.. scy..ther ssah
Stumble in blind and experience everything firsthand!
Every time I got new event or something was the coolest thing ever and had absolutely no idea what to expect

mc858

I literally just bought it 5 minutes ago brother......you will never hear from me again probably - but im as excited as you are =)

ShadowTani

Get food, power, trade and lodging needs covered fast, it's better to set up several temporary solutions than delay them until you mined out, days later, that grand dinning hall you want in the middle of the mountain (speaking from experience, lol). You shouldn't delay too long with any defense measures either. Getting cotton production going early will also help kickstart your economy.

Endoric

just an update....
i bought the game at 5:14...
omg...
6:07 loving it...

ItchyFlea

Welcome to the community. :D

The only thing I can suggest is that you play several games with the different storytellers before downloading and installing mods.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

TheSilencedScream

Play 2-3 games, install a few mods, and enjoy an entirely new game. :)

I'd recommend using the middle AI first, then when you're comfortable, try the random AI and hold on tight. It can be brutal. :)
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

EBrown

I stick with Phoebe, but I have been leaving it on "Challenge" mode instead of Basebuilder lately.

I haven't modded yet and must say it's well worth the money. I've gotten way more entertainment than the $30 was worth.

Thanks,
EBrown

StorymasterQ

An essential mod: EdB's UI Mod.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

SimpleLogician

Quote from: ShadowTani on October 17, 2014, 05:45:23 PM
Get food, power, trade and lodging needs covered fast, it's better to set up several temporary solutions than delay them until you mined out, days later, that grand dinning hall you want in the middle of the mountain (speaking from experience, lol). You shouldn't delay too long with any defense measures either. Getting cotton production going early will also help kickstart your economy.

Definitely do not wait. I set up two little dinky turrets on my base for defense a few colonies back. I was just hitting the late game and though, hm, I should set up some more defense. Stupidly I took down my current turrets and started building the new ones.  None of the new ones were finished when a lone centipede attacked (I also didn't quite have enough metal for them all). Everyone died. Loosing is fun.