Fire flghting outside of Home Zone

Started by Cassey, November 06, 2013, 04:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassey

I'm seeing my crew go fight fires well outside of the Home Zone.  Often these are in my kill zone and started by pirates.  Of course, when they go to put out the fire, they get slaughtered.

Also having problems with my crew just wandering away to some location, reaching there, and coming back.  This is usually ignorable except during raids, where again they get exposed and killed.  During raids, I have all mining, hauling, and cleaning turned off via the overview.  Plant clearing is on, but nothing is selected, so hopefully that doesn't matter.

Its just frustrating to see them throw their lives away!

Semmy

Got a screenshot of guys fighting fire outside of home zone?

they arent supposed to do that
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Zorbane

Are the fires damaging walls sandbags etc...?  They could be running out there to fix it

Cassey

The case that caused me to post was yet another raid where I had a guy run out of the nice safe building to do god knows what.  There wasn't any collectable material out here.  Anyhow by the time I noticed him there was some raider nailing him and fires were around him.  I may have been mistaken that he was fighting them, maybe he just got bombed.  In any case, he was a good dozen squares from any walls or other items. 

I've seen the behavior before - during a raid some crew will go:  "Oh, I need to stand in the middle of the desert and work on my tan for a moment - I'll just ignore all those gunman I need to run by."   I can actually see the target trace line - it just runs out to nowhere.  If he survives, he normally turns around and runs back from whence he came - again past the raiders.  Seldom do they survive two such passes.

nja

Quote from: Cassey on November 06, 2013, 07:18:54 PM
during a raid some crew will go:  "Oh, I need to stand in the middle of the desert and work on my tan for a moment - I'll just ignore all those gunman I need to run by."   I can actually see the target trace line - it just runs out to nowhere.  If he survives, he normally turns around and runs back from whence he came - again past the raiders.  Seldom do they survive two such passes.

I have seen the same behavior as well.

baronskippy

I only have problems like this if I don't draft my colonists during combat. They wander all over the place when they have nothing to do combat or no combat.

I'm fairly positive the tactical AI does not control your colonists other then to simply fire at the threat once they see it.

Cassey

Quote from: baronskippy on November 07, 2013, 02:54:50 AM
I only have problems like this if I don't draft my colonists during combat. They wander all over the place when they have nothing to do combat or no combat.

I'm fairly positive the tactical AI does not control your colonists other then to simply fire at the threat once they see it.

That is what I experience this evening:  Once I had my crew in range, they happily shot the enemy for me.  I could have sworn on the last round they even attacked one runner after I released them from the draft!  Trick for me was figuring out how to place them - simply hadn't recognized how for the past few days.

Robitski

Actually, I've found that if they're happiness goes to, like, 2% (or of course the loyalty goes too low down) then they start wandering about. Even if they're still loyal, they're just so unhappy they don't do tasks as consistently and wander away. Remember to keep their rooms carpeted, well lit and big (and I mean like 6x6 or more) and then hopefully this behavior will stop?

That's my experience, but it could well just be a bug. Check everything, 50% of the time it turns out it wasn't a bug : P
At least 3.5% more reliable than a garden strimmer.