{MOD} (ALPHA 7) Pforzheim - the jewelry mod - by JuliaEllie (18.10.14)

Started by JuliaEllie, October 17, 2014, 07:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Hey everybody,

my new mod adds jewelry to the game. You can craft your own jewelry from Plasteel, Gold, Silver and Metal in different qualities for trade. I planed to make the jewelry wearable but had to postpone it because of "technical difficulties" with the job drivers. I might or might not add it later. (ThoughtDefs and Predictates are already done so its rather likely).

This mod is a proof of concept to add quality, different materials and kinds of Things with only a few ThingDefs and Textures - which were as always "borrowed" from the internet. If there is any need or demand for quality of items in the game I could try to expand the system to the whole game. Urist McLawyer told me that I should insist that no copyright shenanigans were intended :D

DOWNLOAD NOW FOR FREE!!

Igabod

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Igabod on October 17, 2014, 07:46:10 PM
Does this make use of the Artist skill levels?

No it uses the crafting skill for now but the idea is cool.

Igabod

Quote from: JuliaEllie on October 17, 2014, 07:47:50 PM

Maybe a combination of both the crafting and the artist skill. Like for the most basic thing you would have a requirement of level 3 in both. The next level would require maybe 5 artist 3 crafting. Then 7 and 5 and so forth. I don't know how many levels of quality you have here, I'm going to download this and try it out after I finish catching up on the forums here.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Igabod on October 17, 2014, 08:00:06 PM
Quote from: JuliaEllie on October 17, 2014, 07:47:50 PM

Maybe a combination of both the crafting and the artist skill. Like for the most basic thing you would have a requirement of level 3 in both. The next level would require maybe 5 artist 3 crafting. Then 7 and 5 and so forth. I don't know how many levels of quality you have here, I'm going to download this and try it out after I finish catching up on the forums here.

At the moment quality is random with different percentages but I could make recipes with weighed random generators or if I ever find out how to get my JobDrivers to work - oh the irony non working JobDrivers - I can read out the actors skill level and weigh the random generation with the skill.

Igabod

Just played a short game and got to make one piece of silver jewelry with the minus signs around it. I'm assuming that's the lowest quality. I stupidly decided to choose now as the time I'd move up to the hardest difficulty setting on Randy Random too so my game ended rather abruptly. There were no problems with the mod that I could tell. It's definitely a good start toward a really cool addition to the game. I'm going to create another game later on an easier difficulty so I can fully test out the jewelry crafting as well as a couple other mods I downloaded today.

JuliaEllie

-Item- means well crafted. You can see the quality in its description. Click on the item and then on the i symbol. Qualities are:
Item Name   Normal      
-Item Name-   Well-crafted         
+Item Name+   Finely-crafted   
*Item Name*   Superior       
≡Item Name≡   Exceptional      
☼Item Name☼   Masterful

Igabod

Quote from: JuliaEllie on October 17, 2014, 09:38:54 PM
-Item- means well crafted. You can see the quality in its description. Click on the item and then on the i symbol. Qualities are:
Item Name   Normal      
-Item Name-   Well-crafted         
+Item Name+   Finely-crafted   
*Item Name*   Superior       
≡Item Name≡   Exceptional      
☼Item Name☼   Masterful

Ah nice. It's a bit more advanced than I expected. I was thinking the minus was lowest quality, no symbols is normal and + is high quality. I like it.

Shinzy

Hey I'm Shinzy and this is my favourite mod in the citadel *cough* (*uses the same line for every mod for that discount*)

Jellie! DO I have a deal for you! - You make the plasteel and steel jewelry not turn out so awfully coloured and I'll make you textures for these darn it I already made.. oh.. I'm really bad at bargaining

if you ever tackle the "technical difficulties" and make them wearable
I can even go the extra mile and make own sprites for each quality level cause I assume that'd be possible =P (besides I do like my vanity items in games)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Tsilliev

Good idea, I really look for a mod that enchances the happiness of the colonists because they all get mental when they see 3 corpses, lets not speak about the combination of rotten + skeleton corpses.  :D
If they cant wear it atm can I place the jewelry on the wall so it increases the happiness with the beauty effect?

bobboy555

This is a jewellery mod. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with metal, hyperweave and monkey leather, studded with silver and devilstrand, decorated with turtle leather and encircled with bands of plasteel, metal and human leather. The object is adorned with hanging rings of plasteel, stone blocks, muffalo leather, and devilstrand and menaces with spikes of metal, gold, and stone blocks.

On the item is an image of John James the raider and colonists in plasteel. John James is surrounded by the colonists. The artwork relates to the death of John James at the hands of the colonists in the early spring of year 2.

On the item is an image of Pforzheim the mod and JuliaEllie the coder in gold. JuliaEllie is writing code for Pforzheim. The artwork relates to the coding of Pforzheim in the early autumn of 2014.

JuliaEllie

Uuuuuuuuuuh somebody really likes DF :) I wish I could make my mod that complex. Well.. actually I could ;)

DracoGriffin

Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack