[MOD] (Alpha 7) PurpleIvy - Now with rare melee drops and all consuming Ivy

Started by skullywag, October 18, 2014, 09:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Huh why would turrets not attack them. They have a faction and its set to hostile...unless i reintroduced a faction bug...you guys on brand new worlds so the faction stuff works right. Factions generate with the world. Il retest it tonight, out with my daughter currently. Funny how having a kid allows you to play in ballpits again as an adult...excuse me the slides are calling...weeeeee
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

mrofa

Didnt know fanctions do generate with world :D
This would explain alot then thanks :)
All i do is clutter all around.

Wex

Quote from: skullywag on November 09, 2014, 08:14:30 AM
Huh why would turrets not attack them. They have a faction and its set to hostile...unless i reintroduced a faction bug...you guys on brand new worlds so the faction stuff works right. Factions generate with the world. Il retest it tonight, out with my daughter currently. Funny how having a kid allows you to play in ballpits again as an adult...excuse me the slides are calling...weeeeee
Oh. Ok. So I'll have to restart. Fine. I don't like the desert anyway. And Randy sent me like 8 slaver ships, so the ecosystem can't keep up with my colonists.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Wex

Ok. Restarted.
Day 11 Randy drops one meteorite. Day 15 he drops another.
Lucky me.
Still unattackable. Still claimable and deconstructable. F**k you Randy!

I guess I should do a fresh reinstall of the game.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Rikiki

Do you have created a new world? Not only restart another colony?

skullywag

For the faction to generate correctly a new world is needed. As with all new factions.

mrofa

Wex you need to destroy meteoirite with weapons/turrets, drops some metal :D

Wex

Quote from: skullywag on November 11, 2014, 02:30:26 AM
For the faction to generate correctly a new world is needed. As with all new factions.
Oh. That was the problem then. Restart.  :(
    Harlan Ellison

mrofa

So i was kinda wondering if bugs could attack like everything and not only go colonist hungry, maybe ven evolve if it kills to much animals :D

skullywag

im still working on this, eventually ill have a full thinktree setup for them. Unfortunately real life is taking precedence currently and I cant work on i t as much as I was. Im hoping to get back to it a bit more before A8 and flesh out what I have, once A8 hits ill have some more toys to play with.

mrofa

No worries its still very cool, but i would suggest one faster change :P
Is to add a notification when bug spawn.

skullywag

bug spawn is technically random, it just needs tweaking to be a lot more random, so no way i could do this once it is random.

skullywag

Ok ill probably release what i have tonight.

Mortars and turrets are in but i need to tweak the sounds as they are using core gun noises.

Ive heavily changed the spread code, having some issues with random not being random enough though.

The spread will now consume corpses, plants and non natural floors.

Once im happy with the above ill start on the hatchlings and sort their thinktree so they arent just psychotic but defend their habitat.

skullywag

Ive pushed an update to github, please let me know if you get any errors, for those of you in dev mode i expect some small non serious errors in the console, im clearing these up, its due to the building spawning code and overwriting buildings when they are more then 1x1.

This update contains the turrets and mortars (art by Shinzy, as with everything else in here...i did the bullets lol!). They are a little tame right now, but due to the amount that could spawn I thought to make them a nuisance rather than an outright threat, they can still kill. Especially if the hatchlings come at you as you are attacking.

I also heavily messed with the spread code, its now not dependant on plantlife. It will spread randomly (still comes out quite uniformly circular but looks waaaay better then before) will eat plants still, will also eat corpses and speed the spread slightly when it does, will also eat floors that arent natural and change them to soil, until i figure out if i can regen a tile back to its original form.

Also some other small tweaks to particles and shiz, nothing major.

Next is Hatchling thinktrees. Then...who knows...

skullywag

Ok huuuuuuuge update. I put the thinktree stuff on hold as the spread code was doing wonky stuff.

I have eaten mince pies, these give me super human problem solving abilities it seems....

Due to the mince pie consumption the spread code has been massively revamped, Ivy now consumes plant, animals, corpses, floors and pawns. It tears anything to shreds that gets caught in it.

2 new melee weapons (see OP for descriptions) they drop from the mortar and the turret rarely.

Did some beautification added some lights and shiz. Oh speaking of SHInZy, hes done some more art for the melee and stuff, thank him, its awesome. :)