[MOD] (Alpha 7) PurpleIvy - Now with rare melee drops and all consuming Ivy

Started by skullywag, October 18, 2014, 09:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

all stuff thats doable (VERY doable infact), ill keep it in mind for once ive got the major technical stuff and the base functionality out of the way.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Igabod

I love the idea of this mod. More events and challenges that don't involve raiders or mechs is a good thing. One question though, is this compatible with old saves? I have one colony that I got to a great point where it is (almost) completely invulnerable to raiders and mechs so it's not very challenging anymore but I still like the characters and stories involved in it. I'd love to add this mod in and give my impregnable base a new challenge to overcome.

skullywag

I dont see why it wouldnt work on an existing save (always backup before you try), everything is new within it, I wouldnt bother currently though as it literally is just purple grass spreading that slows your walking to almost nothing, not much of a challenge, that bits in build now.

Killaim

ive been wondering for a while if i should try to draw a monster for this and try and get someone to mod it in.

(warning old drawing, some doodle i drew a long time ago.)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/redwind85/RangerJoe.png
but thinking something like the big one

if you want you could make it spawn on the creep :D

skullywag

hehe you sir are very much thinking on along the lines of myself and Shinzy, unfortunately we already have a plan. Something a little closer to home.

Wex

So the fungi became weed... weird, but of my taste nonetheless. I will wait for the completion of the mod and give it a fair try. Thanks for making this mod!  ;D
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Backlight

After reading all the posts it started to make me think of 'The Last Of Us' with the fungi spores, overgrowth, etc XD.. really makes me want a mod with that in mind which can infect the dead (or living if they breath in spores without protection) and well make zombies.. i already know theres a zombie mod but all that does is spawn a clump of them which can bite and turn you but thats really it haha.

skullywag

Zombies im not doing...Psychotic everythings?...doing...right now...its mental...

Wex

I tought a while on this subject.
The "creepweed" should be damaging, maybe only a little, but doing chemical damage (the one that devilstrand help mitigate); the damage should be "burn" -chemical, that is-.
The chance of getting damaged should be the same as walking in fire.
This, IMO, should be balanced.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

skullywag

The "creep" isnt gonna hurt you, but what it does to the flora/fauna will.

Raufgar

Definitely watching this. Some thoughts on the matter :

1) As a creeping plant with high growth, it stands to assume that some damage to man-made objects is expected, mainly from roots or similar anchoring plant bits. Perhaps something like (IF wall section contact with Ivy >= 10 days ADD root dmg + 5) Here's an example. And Here.

2) While it doesn't directly do damage to colonists, aside from the movement penalty, how about a mood penalty while standing inside PurpleIvy? After all, it is a very invasive, non-edible, fast growing, alien growth. It would give me the shivers just standing in something like that, let alone needing to walk through it (Hentai Tentacles would come to mind).

3) Destroying the meteorite should have a possibility of also dropping a PurpleIvy seed/sprout, so that you can potentially plant it someplace to act as colony defense, e.g. to restrict raiders coming in from the map edges. Or be used as a part of research into increasing yields for crops. Or plant it in a hydroponic base and watch it slowly consume your colony from the inside out <cue evul laughter>
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

skullywag

1. I like it its going in. However the plant uses other life to spread so simple floors would defend but still....going in. Infact it could damage floors...wouldnt spread..but damage

2. The beauty on this stuff is low so youll get the normal ugly env mood.

3. On the list of maybes. Got to see how the rest pans out first.

Viceroy

Dog goes moo!

StorymasterQ

I like the thought that it could damage floors. If the damage is enough, let's say the floor turns back into soil (or something). Then it's effectively like a bunch of raiders that managed to break a wall. The creep would be able to spread into the colony.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here