[MOD] (Alpha 7) PurpleIvy - Now with rare melee drops and all consuming Ivy

Started by skullywag, October 18, 2014, 09:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on November 02, 2014, 09:37:24 AMand get some cool rewards

See your colonists get gutted by swarm of meteor bears? =P that's a reward enough for me! ;D

skullywag

Shinzy I have need of new art, there's a present in it for you if you do it. Grab me on steam tonight if you're interested. Ill be on around 8 I reckon.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Wex

I actually claimed and deconstructed the meteorite. It didn't drop anything.
Also, both the Ivy and the meteorite were unattackable.
Where did I go wrong?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

harpo99999

I use  drafted colonists or artillery/rocketlaunchers to shoot the purple rock, and after destroying te rock I then set all the plant life near to where the rock was to be cut (unless there is a fire buring there) just to make sure that there will not be any purple growth spreading over the map

skullywag

Deconstruct needs to be removed you have to "kill" the rock. I.e reduce its hitpoints to 0. Depending on the weapon you should be able to target it. What were you trying to use?

Wex

An M16. Randy made it rain in the first month... Also a pistol and the Lee-Enfield.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

skullywag

Ok ill be at my pc tonight ill take a look into it maybe ive got another of my mods enabled that tweaks guns or something. Ill try it on its own (which i normally do so dont know how this slipped. You could try nades for now, molotovs work as the rock is flammable as is the ivy (very flammable).

skullywag

On another note, either tonight or tomorrow ill update the github version to my latest local build, currently that contains the eggsacs working and spawning (currently psychotic) hatchlings and the gaseous pustules pumping smoke out (just for looks currently) i do want to tweak the randomness and some of the "creep" code as i feel its too uniform currently. Once thats done and ive definitley confirmed you can fight this in the vanilla game ill update.

Then itll be on to the mortars and turrets.

Also have to remove the faction from the "call" options lol :D

skullywag

Ok so ive updated the OP with what the mod currently contains and updated the pic to show off Shinzys new art.

Ive been able to shoot the rock with an m16 in vanilla so cannot replicate the bug above.

Ive tweaked the spread generator to be a little more random so its not a diamond everytime now. Still need to balance the speed the numbers of eggs/gaspumps etc..

Everything now has a faction so you cant deconstruct it.

I only have 1 bug left in this area which im classing as an exploit in the mod for now, you can "cut" the ivy, you shouldnt be able to but as its a plant i dont seem to be able to stop this behaviour as its baked into the core game.

Ill be adding the plant based artillery and turrets next along with expanding on the thinktree for the hatchlings and sorting out the gaseous pustules enraging pawns nearby.

:)

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Wex on November 03, 2014, 01:52:20 PM
I actually claimed and deconstructed the meteorite. It didn't drop anything.
Also, both the Ivy and the meteorite were unattackable.
Where did I go wrong?

Did you try right-clicking it or force fire?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

JuliaEllie

If the rock can be attacked or not is defined by the weapon ThingDef not by the rock ThingDef. Make sure your weapon has the right targetProperties

skullywag

Force fire works perfectly with vanilla weapons, ive tested it.

Darkfirephoenix

Soooo... any plans for an "PurpleIvy Infection"? I think such a infection could cause:
1. Pain
2. Damage
3. NON-LETHAL (at least directly)
4. Causes Mood-shifts
5. Has a EXTREMELY small chance of spreading the Ivy (maybe if the "carrier" dies the corpse will start spreading it?)
6. Spreading inside the body (will infect more parts)
7. If Brain is fully infected victim will be permanently on a rampage/turn into a mutant
BUT: The Ivy causes a BOOST in the infected parts.

Maybe some research to "control" the infection/Ivy (eliminate it/surpress the "take over" aspect) so you can use it to your benefit... Maybe even some "CounterIvy" which you research and make yourself and then "place" on the PurpleIvy (PurpleIvy takes other plantlife to spread, Counter Ivy makes the same BUT only uses the Purple Ivy to spread)

skullywag

There is a disease/injury system I'm working on not fleshed it out much yet but ill keep your points in mind.

Halinder

Is there a limitation to the amount of hatchlings on the map? I managed to get 15 incapacitated hatchlings on the map and they stopped spawning despite the spread being larger than my actual colony, an egg sac every ten or so tiles.