[MOD] (Alpha 7) PurpleIvy - Now with rare melee drops and all consuming Ivy

Started by skullywag, October 18, 2014, 09:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: Shinzy on November 06, 2014, 05:47:01 PM
Quote from: Wex on November 06, 2014, 04:50:07 PM
I will call it Frank.

Frank & the meteor bears - The happy adventure!
I like it!

Nice. Frank it is! Also, how did you get the "3D" look in the photo, it doesn't look top down...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

skullywag

Think its the gaseous pustules they are more side on than topdown. I quite like it personally.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on November 06, 2014, 07:41:51 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on November 06, 2014, 05:47:01 PM
Quote from: Wex on November 06, 2014, 04:50:07 PM
I will call it Frank.

Frank & the meteor bears - The happy adventure!
I like it!

Nice. Frank it is! Also, how did you get the "3D" look in the photo, it doesn't look top down...

I stretched the image with perspective tool to channel that FF6 world map look (it's a professional term ::))
(But i do agree this needs some seriousish name)

So E.T. or Alf :P

Viceroy

Will there be a biome on the world map for areas that are already infested?

I mean it would make sense that some areas have already tasted the purple blight.
Dog goes moo!

Wex

An area already infested would be unplayable, I think. 3 starting colonist against Frank? They don't stand a chance.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Viceroy

Yeah but people use Edb prepare carefully, so you could send in a squad with flamethrowers and machineguns.

It would be fun.
Dog goes moo!

Igabod

Quote from: Viceroy on November 07, 2014, 12:04:03 PM
Yeah but people use Edb prepare carefully, so you could send in a squad with flamethrowers and machineguns.

It would be fun.

I agree, that could be pretty fun. You could set up a squad of 4 well armored and heavily armed commandos whose sole purpose is to build a small command center and then take back the sector. That would be a great side-game for when you want to play but don't feel like making a full on colony.

skullywag

Shouldnt be *too hard* to implement something like that. Almost like a how long can you hold out type thing.

DracoGriffin

Name suggestions: Xenophage maybe? Otherwise looking around viral taxonomy for ideas might be suggested.
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

InfiniteRemnant

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 06, 2014, 01:48:24 PM
Quote from: Rikiki on November 06, 2014, 08:25:08 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 06, 2014, 05:49:24 AM
How about just Xenocreep?
It looks like too much StarCraft zerg creep in my opinion...

So what? Similarities will be there regardless of name and its not like the Zerg were particulary original either (*cough* Tyranids *cough*).

Actually, this stuff kinda reminds me of the Tiberium weeds from C&C2.

Why not Xwnovines?

skullywag

Xeno in the space/sci fi world means alien and thats not what these are.

Ive been thinking on something like:
Bacillus thuringiensis

Which is found in caterpillars and is used in gm crops to strengthen their resistance to insects. Something i was thinking of introducing later in the mod. (Gm crops that is) still forming this all in my head as to where i take this bar just being another attack from the sky.

DracoGriffin

Well, if the plant comes from meteors, it would imply the lifeforms upon the meteorites are foreign, that is they are not from that planet.

I'm not sure what you mean by that statement as you state indirectly they are alien since they are not from the original planet (hence meteors).

Just some examples: Xenophyophore and Xenoturbella.

Don't get too hung up on Tynan's anti-alien thingamijib. Life even on earth isn't fully understood; who's to say what would look alien on another planet, maybe a whole lot similar than we think. Especially with stuff like satellite viruses and prions.
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

DracoGriffin

Quote from: skullywag on November 08, 2014, 02:34:15 AM
Xeno in the space/sci fi world means alien and thats not what these are.

Ive been thinking on something like:
Bacillus thuringiensis

Which is found in caterpillars and is used in gm crops to strengthen their resistance to insects. Something i was thinking of introducing later in the mod. (Gm crops that is) still forming this all in my head as to where i take this bar just being another attack from the sky.

I wouldn't go towards bacterial; viral would be more appropriate as current medicine is re-investigating phage therapy and genetic recombination using viral capsids. Although R factor bacteria are pretty hardy; they do not measure up to viruses, mostly because of the fact viruses outnumber bacteria about 1 to 100, or 1 to 1000, something really crazy to think about like nearly half of human body weight is from bacterial cells colonized on human tissue (normal microbiota anyway).

If you want to know more about that stuff, lemme know. It is a part of required study and treatment for Glitterworld Surgeons. :D
Current Mods (A-Z):

skullywag

If youve got something that links insects and plants as well as my example let me know. I like reading up on stuff like this.

skullywag

Ive got mortars working in my local version gonna polish/balance them a little before i release, they are currently more annoying than a direct threat but with enough of em, you HAVE to go deal with them. Shinzy they look awesome (apart from the tex being upside down on the turretgun lol)