Rimworld as CD for christmas

Started by Electroman195, October 18, 2014, 10:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Electroman195

I think it would be a good idea to start making cd's for Christmas so more parents would buy it for Christmas because it would be something their son/daughter can physically hold and something to put under the Christmas tree.  :)

skullywag

I dont think ive bought a cd in years...and im a parent lol! (granted shes 1 but still...)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

ShadowDragon8685

I really doubt that any kids who would be interested in Rimworld (and I doubt that many such kids are actually going to be present in their parents' homes on Christmas Day,) are going to need a CD to play RimWorld.

I haven't used the CD player in my computer in ages.
Raiders must die!

TheSilencedScream

Yeah... my father-in-law and I built my computer, and I'm STILL not sure if it has a disc drive (on mobile at work right now). I think Fable was the last disc game a purchased... the original release.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

keylocke

i saw a cd once.. in a museum or something.. (joke)

vagineer1

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on October 18, 2014, 11:48:06 AM
I haven't used the CD player in my computer in ages.

Same here. I have a cd input device on my pc and have not used it once.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Haplo

Oh yeah, the youth today.. *cough, cough* they don't even recognize the wonders of a floppy disk any more. Oh where will it end, where will it end.. *old man wanders offscreen. coughing and leaning heavily on his walking stick*

Mystic

Quote from: Haplo on October 18, 2014, 05:54:50 PM
Oh yeah, the youth today.. *cough, cough* they don't even recognize the wonders of a floppy disk any more. Oh where will it end, where will it end.. *old man wanders offscreen. coughing and leaning heavily on his walking stick*

Floppy disk?  Keep yer new-fangled floppy things away from me.  You haven't lived until you've used paper tape or punch cards for storage!

*cackle* *wheeze*

skullywag

Quote from: Mystic on October 18, 2014, 06:00:10 PM
Quote from: Haplo on October 18, 2014, 05:54:50 PM

Floppy disk?  Keep yer new-fangled floppy things away from me.  You haven't lived until you've used paper tape or punch cards for storage!

*cackle* *wheeze*

here here......*dies*
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

RawCode

1) simple envelope
2) simple Benjamin Franklin
3) ???
4) let your friends decide self what they want, probably nobody share your opinion about video games and wont be happy to find CD they unlikely to play.

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: RawCode on October 19, 2014, 04:48:51 AM
1) simple envelope
2) simple Benjamin Franklin
3) ???
4) let your friends decide self what they want, probably nobody share your opinion about video games and wont be happy to find CD they unlikely to play.

This has always been my opinion about gift-giving. And it had better be cash, too. Gift cards suck balls. The one place I'd actually be happy to have a gift card to doesn't give them, either. (Steam.)

Why, that's nice that you spend $30 getting me a $25 iTunes Gift Card. Did you actually check to see if I actually use iTunes, dear cousin? Because I bloody don't use fucking iTunes! So now you've given me a useless space-occupying lump of plastic that mocks me with the fact that you were willing to spend up to $30 on me (because they charge you a bloody $5 premium for the gift card,) but didn't trust me enough to actually just drop 15 $2 bills in an envelope or something![/stillpissedoffaboutChristmas'09]

So many gift cards, almost none of them to places I wanted to actually things from, not a single one with enough value to get what I really wanted... And if everybody had just given me bloody cash, I could've gone and got myself one big-ticket item I would've been really happy with!
Raiders must die!

StorymasterQ

*Shows kid a floppy disk*
"Oh, cool, someone 3D-printed the save icon!"
*facepalm*
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Matthiasagreen

A year ago for Christmas, my wife wanted to buy me a game. She went into gamestop and said, "My husband likes Diablo 3 and I want to buy him a new game. What do you recommend? He handed her a copy of Skyrim. When I opened it for Christmas, there was a CD in there. Instead of the CD downlading anything, the CD essentially sent me to steam and gave me a key. I don't really know how to do that with Rimworld before it is steam integrated, but it would be nice to have something tangible to give, even if it directs to an online avenue of download.

Edit: now might be a good time to bring this up considering the Ludeon Launcher might have this capability.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

RawCode

Just imagine situation when you already finished Skyrim by that moment?

Present is good, very good, but you can't use it.

Mikhail Reign

Adding physical copies (or even just cases) will just add to the price. Its the 21st century. People are to hung up on 'holding' something. Besides, it just opens the door for the second hand market, which is so much more detrimental to game developers then piracy - I mean, buying a game second hand is worse then pirating a game. At least a pirate knows they aren't paying the developer - most second hand purchases think they are doing the right thing.