Minor UI/AI enhancements

Started by Cassey, November 06, 2013, 04:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassey

Just a couple of things:

UI:  If I click on something, give me a menu if there is a choice.  This would be really handy after melee combat where 3-4 bodies are stacked.  Might save a bit of frustration when I get the sequence wrong as well (Draft a crew member, select someone to rescue, or weapons or whatever and left click instead of right click.  Currently end up Escaping and starting over.)

UI:  Allow me to see what someone is doing.  Fighting the game right now because my crew goes wandering around sometimes without any apparent purpose.  Really a problem during raids where they die.  Just looking for something like "click on person" -> Status of what they are doing (e.g. Heading for mine, returning items to storage container, heading to cleaning job, etc.), which would then, hopefully, allow me to change their behavior.

Player AI:  Don't these people know about smoke alarms?  My place can be burning down and they are sleeping!  Likewise during raids (often go to sleep just as the raid starts and sleep through the whole thing.  Not really a bad thing, since I try for passive defenses (turrets & blasting  charges) , but it would be nice for them to wake up and at least fix things when its safe to do so.

General:  Solar flare almost causes my crew to die of starvation?  Really?

Thanks!

starlight

Quote from: Cassey on November 06, 2013, 04:37:44 PM
Just a couple of things:

UI:  If I click on something, give me a menu if there is a choice.  This would be really handy after melee combat where 3-4 bodies are stacked.  Might save a bit of frustration when I get the sequence wrong as well (Draft a crew member, select someone to rescue, or weapons or whatever and left click instead of right click.  Currently end up Escaping and starting over.)

UI:  Allow me to see what someone is doing.  Fighting the game right now because my crew goes wandering around sometimes without any apparent purpose.  Really a problem during raids where they die.  Just looking for something like "click on person" -> Status of what they are doing (e.g. Heading for mine, returning items to storage container, heading to cleaning job, etc.), which would then, hopefully, allow me to change their behavior.

Player AI:  Don't these people know about smoke alarms?  My place can be burning down and they are sleeping!  Likewise during raids (often go to sleep just as the raid starts and sleep through the whole thing.  Not really a bad thing, since I try for passive defenses (turrets & blasting  charges) , but it would be nice for them to wake up and at least fix things when its safe to do so.

General:  Solar flare almost causes my crew to die of starvation?  Really?

Thanks!

A task list for current and queued tasks would be really appreciated. high priority.

Cassey

I should point out that some status information is available when you click on a person.  It just needs more detail, like why they are doing what they are doing for none obvious things like eating.

NephilimNexus

Character list that shows all of their skills on a spreadsheet, so you know who to assign to which task without having to cycle through each of them individually.

Cassey

And/Or a "Who is doing what" Hud Display, toggleable of course!

It would be really nice if I could then just right-click their name and adjust their duties/activities/work queue/priorities/etc.  Maybe include a health bar on each line as well?