Iijm or are space refugees recovering and swarming your colony?

Started by Evul, October 20, 2014, 08:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

Is it just me or are space refugees that lays incap after trajectory recovering and swarming your colony?

RawCode

they always recover and always come to your colony and will sit around permanently (never leave).

adding bleeding effect at advanced stage instead of "stun" will make things more logical.

Tynan

Evul can you report this in Mantis with specific observations of what you're seeing? Repro steps seem obvious.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

harpo99999

I also have seen this, basically a drop pod crashes, the colonists do NOT go and capture the dropped spacer(usually bruised and unconsious maybe with some cracked limbs), spacer recovers enough to walk around then walks into the base and stays, but is still spacer faction. and has only been happening since a7.
the only way to convert is to capture the MOBILE spacer and imprison then then recuit them.
also have had in a couple of raids raiders(low 30% conversion rating) that are easier to recuit than spacers(mid 50% conversion rating) in previous versions the raiders were a lot harder to convert than spacers

Nasikabatrachus

RawCode

pawns spawned from "escape pod event" never die on they own and never leave map.
they will sit in your colony permanently and w8 for you to capture and recruit them.

before a7 they bleedout if you not captured them.

Evul

Will add it to the mantis.

(Haha sorry forgot to press the notify button. did not get any info about any messages.)

Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on October 21, 2014, 11:48:35 PM
I read Evul's post ten times and I don't understand it.

This:
Quote from: RawCode on October 22, 2014, 03:29:16 AM
pawns spawned from "escape pod event" never die on they own and never leave map.
they will sit in your colony permanently and w8 for you to capture and recruit them.

before a7 they bleedout if you not captured them.

EDIT:
Mantis bug:
https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=1244

keylocke

well your first 3 colonists managed to survive the crash, why not some spacers have the probability to survive the crash also?

i actually like having those permanent "guests" around, since they don't add to the colony population (so you can exceed max colonists capacity). i consider them as colonist "reserves" that i can recruit in case of accidental casualties.

CheekiestBreekiest

They no longer receive bleeding it seems for me. Always concussion and bruises that do not kill. Laying on the ground they seem to lose the concussion and get up. I had one fight a tribesman the other day. Ended up arresting both of them.