0.7.584 Rimworld window wants to stay on top

Started by ssateneth, October 21, 2014, 12:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssateneth

I've no idea if this is a windows problem or a rimworld problem, but as of lately on windows 8.1, the rimworld window in windowed mode always wants to stay on top. If I click some other window down in the taskbar, it won't show up because rimworld is stuck on top of the other windows. This does not happen to me with any other program (chrome, notepad++, OBS, etc..) or game that I play (world of warcraft in windowed mode, arma 3 in windowed mode, arma 2 in windowed mode).

I've had to resort to a program called "always-on-top.exe" which is an autohotkey program that toggles the always on top flag of the active window on/off by hitting control + space. Only after I do that, it allows other windows to be on top of RimWorld. Once RimWorld turns into the active window from a background window though, it automatically sets itself to always on top again so no other active window may go on top of it. This is extremely annoying and should be fixed.

For the record, 0.6.532 does not exhibit this bug. I can freely switch to different windows and back to RimWorld without RimWorld persisting on top.

harpo99999

it is an issue that has occured in all the alpha7 versions