[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobMaster

Starr

Having issues as well. Installing an AI brain worked, but I have a nose sitting around and the option to install it does not show up. I also am trying to make an eye implant, have a whole bunch of human meat, but can't get anyone to make it.

Vingolf

It's buggy with Natural Surgery. If you want to repairs torso with your patient having some bionic parts, they will auto pop out and be replaced by regulars limbs.

BobMaster

Quote from: Vingolf on March 30, 2015, 03:27:07 AM
It's buggy with Natural Surgery. If you want to repairs torso with your patient having some bionic parts, they will auto pop out and be replaced by regulars limbs.
That's not a bug, there is currently no work-around to that happening since all other parts are attached to the torso.
So, guess it is compatible then :)

jefferyharrell

Quote from: Smikis on March 25, 2015, 11:48:33 AM
Quote from: Snownova on March 25, 2015, 06:30:18 AM
Quote from: Darkness on March 24, 2015, 08:43:59 PM
I have the same issue. Tons of meds , med-bed, and arms and legs, but the only options I have are to harvest arms and legs. I can install eyes and peg legs, but no arms or legs. At my wits end. :(

Same here, I can't seem to find the option to install a nose I just grew in the organ vat.

Same , grew nose, leg and liver I think, cant install single one, one of my paws hates prosthetics, but she lost a leg early, so prosthetics all I had then, now I cant replace either her leg that is missing toe or bionic leg, same for a guy without nose, or  guy who almost died with liver infection.

I'm having the same basic issue. I did some testing in development mode with this as my only mod.

First I removed a captive patient's kidney. This gave me the organ as expected. I was then able to put the kidney right back.

Then I did the same test with the patient's stomach: removed it, got a stomach item, then did another operation to put the stomach back. No problem.

Then I gave the patient a denture; this gave me a jaw and enabled an "install jaw" operation. Put the jaw back and the denture went away, just as expected. I got the same basic effect from doing a "harvest jaw" and then an "install jaw." No problem there either.

But arms and legs are a no-go. Removing one of either is a one-way trip. It seems like it should work, but it just … doesn't. And I don't know why.

UMK

Same happened in EPOE where at one moment some protheses have been installed to arm, other r to shoulder. You should turn on devmode, go to health tab and enable 'show all hediffs' and post screenshot here. It's even more representative than savefile.
Suggestion how to make 'tracks' properly. Add one body part 'groin', attach legs to it (and place pelvis inside), and make it replaceable with tracks.

jefferyharrell

A little update: As an experiment (more like blind button-mashing because I have no experience with Rimworld mods), I tried changing the worker class on the InstallNaturalArm recipe from Recipe_InstallNaturalBodyPart to Recipe_InstallArtificialBodyPart. This allowed me to transplant an arm onto either shoulder of a prisoner, but the game threw a null reference exception when the operation finished, presumably because the arm is not actually an artificial part. I imagine the game was trying to call some bit of code that handled changing the prisoner's stats or condition to reflect the modifiers applied by the new, artificial limb or organ and that bit of code didn't exist on the non-artificial limb, so a null reference exception resulted. But that's just a guess on my part.

Nothing else I've tried has enabled limb transplants. I've been over the recipes and thing definitions backwards and bless me, but they all look exactly like the ones that are provided in Core. I have no idea what the problem might be.

bartekkru100

I've got a question, can you make syntetic organs more efficient than normal ones? For now, they are pretty much useless, because you need a non-syntethic organ to craft them and they still have the same efficiency...
Also what about adding nano machines? They would increase breathing, blood pumping and filtration efficiency (eventually metabolism). They would make curing diseases and injuries curing easier.
Oh and Glitter Tech caompatibility.

UMK

Quote from: bartekkru100 on April 02, 2015, 11:41:01 AM
I've got a question, can you make syntetic organs more efficient than normal ones? For now, they are pretty much useless, because you need a non-syntethic organ to craft them and they still have the same efficiency...
Also what about adding nano machines? They would increase breathing, blood pumping and filtration efficiency (eventually metabolism). They would make curing diseases and injuries curing easier.
Oh and Glitter Tech caompatibility.
For now there is only one hard and unreliable way to make synthetic organs more resistant. But even now injuries to synthetic organs do not cause pain, bleeding and infection. I think it's enough. Or if you think it will make playing funnier you can increase it on your own. XML modding is nothing more than copy-paste and is not more difficult than making essay.

DavesHolmes

Can i get version for Alpha 8 please ? :)

karel_evzen

Quote from: jefferyharrell on March 31, 2015, 01:18:41 AM
Quote from: Smikis on March 25, 2015, 11:48:33 AM
Quote from: Snownova on March 25, 2015, 06:30:18 AM
Quote from: Darkness on March 24, 2015, 08:43:59 PM
I have the same issue. Tons of meds , med-bed, and arms and legs, but the only options I have are to harvest arms and legs. I can install eyes and peg legs, but no arms or legs. At my wits end. :(

Same here, I can't seem to find the option to install a nose I just grew in the organ vat.

Same , grew nose, leg and liver I think, cant install single one, one of my paws hates prosthetics, but she lost a leg early, so prosthetics all I had then, now I cant replace either her leg that is missing toe or bionic leg, same for a guy without nose, or  guy who almost died with liver infection.

I'm having the same basic issue. I did some testing in development mode with this as my only mod.

First I removed a captive patient's kidney. This gave me the organ as expected. I was then able to put the kidney right back.

Then I did the same test with the patient's stomach: removed it, got a stomach item, then did another operation to put the stomach back. No problem.

Then I gave the patient a denture; this gave me a jaw and enabled an "install jaw" operation. Put the jaw back and the denture went away, just as expected. I got the same basic effect from doing a "harvest jaw" and then an "install jaw." No problem there either.

But arms and legs are a no-go. Removing one of either is a one-way trip. It seems like it should work, but it just … doesn't. And I don't know why.

I have changed the install leg recipe in Recipe_Organs.xml as follows:

<RecipeDef ParentName="SurgeryFlesh">
<defName>InstallNaturalLegGoddammit</defName>
<label>install natural leg</label>
<description>Installs leg.</description>
<workerClass>Recipe_InstallNaturalBodyPart</workerClass>
<jobString>Installing leg.</jobString>
<workAmount>2000</workAmount>
<recipeUsers>
<li>Human</li>
</recipeUsers>
<ingredients>
<li>
<filter>
<categories>
<li>Medicine</li>
</categories>
</filter>
<count>1</count>
</li>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Leg</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>1</count>
</li>
</ingredients>
<fixedIngredientFilter>
<categories>
<li>Medicine</li>
</categories>
<thingDefs>
<li>Leg</li>
</thingDefs>
</fixedIngredientFilter>
<appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
<li>LeftLeg</li>
<li>RightLeg</li>
</appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
</RecipeDef>

And I was able to install the leg, finally. If this doesn't help let me know, I've changed many files during the process so might do a proper diff of the mod to see if I changed something else as well :)

Acruid

DigitalCore

Are you perhaps thinking off adding another more advanced set of cybernetics? Maybe, say, fleshmetal organs/limbs? Require plasteel and human meat to create?

To be honest I'm not sure how you'd go around creating them. But if current bionics give a 70% efficiency per addition for limbs and 100% for single items (heart, liver, stomach etc), fleshmetal 'cybernetics' could have 100% and 150% respectively.

Forgive me, I have a Combat Medic in my medical wing at the moment and he's almost entirely machine by now. Good thing he's a prosthophile. Been shot up so many times I've lost count.

Also, shouldn't synthetics be slightly more efficient than standard organs? Maybe 120%? It gives you a reason to want to upgrade that way. Otherwise I think I'd just use organics.

Finally, is it possible to mod in the brain upgrades from the More Bionic Parts mod? I really liked the idea of adding things like adrenaline boosters and such. Perhaps even mental boosters which permanently improve the mood of a colonist slightly (+4 to mood, perhaps?).
Introducing the new and improved killbox: the Minefield! Now with 30% more explosions! Guaranteed to kill all those pesky tribals that keep visiting you at night.

bartekkru100

Quote from: karel_evzen on April 05, 2015, 09:57:19 AM

I have changed the install leg recipe in Recipe_Organs.xml as follows:

<RecipeDef ParentName="SurgeryFlesh">
<defName>InstallNaturalLegGoddammit</defName>
<label>install natural leg</label>
<description>Installs leg.</description>
<workerClass>Recipe_InstallNaturalBodyPart</workerClass>
<jobString>Installing leg.</jobString>
<workAmount>2000</workAmount>
<recipeUsers>
<li>Human</li>
</recipeUsers>
<ingredients>
<li>
<filter>
<categories>
<li>Medicine</li>
</categories>
</filter>
<count>1</count>
</li>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Leg</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>1</count>
</li>
</ingredients>
<fixedIngredientFilter>
<categories>
<li>Medicine</li>
</categories>
<thingDefs>
<li>Leg</li>
</thingDefs>
</fixedIngredientFilter>
<appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
<li>LeftLeg</li>
<li>RightLeg</li>
</appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
</RecipeDef>

And I was able to install the leg, finally. If this doesn't help let me know, I've changed many files during the process so might do a proper diff of the mod to see if I changed something else as well :)
Where am I supposed to paste it? I pasted it in place of previous leg recipe and didn't work...