[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_Soft_Machine_Man

I love this mod, not just for convenience's sake but also since it allows you to rake in stupid amounts of silver once machining is researched. Never before have endless mechanoid raids felt so good.

armedkiller

I'm having trouble getting anyone to craft the AI chip implants. I have plasteel and gold available, but no one seems interested in doing the task, and I'm unable to prioritize it as well.

Zxypher

Quote from: armedkiller on April 07, 2015, 03:13:59 PM
I'm having trouble getting anyone to craft the AI chip implants. I have plasteel and gold available, but no one seems interested in doing the task, and I'm unable to prioritize it as well.

Gold has a 20x Multiplier so if it says 50 Gold you really need 1,000 etc. Also check as it might require Medicine and Crafting skills to be somewhat high.

ZioN

The Mechanized Tracks aren't speeding up my colonist, what do I need to change in the code for it to work?
"My colonists are always edgy.
Don't ever run a colony like me, I tend to play recklessly."
- CodyRex123

---

"I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context."
- StorymasterQ

ZioN

Quote from: Zxypher on April 07, 2015, 03:29:27 PM
Quote from: armedkiller on April 07, 2015, 03:13:59 PM

Gold has a 20x Multiplier so if it says 50 Gold you really need 1,000 etc. Also check as it might require Medicine and Crafting skills to be somewhat high.

The skill minimum the AI chip requires is crafting level 9.
"My colonists are always edgy.
Don't ever run a colony like me, I tend to play recklessly."
- CodyRex123

---

"I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context."
- StorymasterQ

Vingolf

DigitalCore

Actually I'm having an issue with installing arms and legs as well. I have the arm ready for installation, and this is my InstallNaturalArm recipe:

<RecipeDef ParentName="SurgeryFlesh">
<defName>InstallNaturalArm</defName>
<label>install arm</label>
<description>Installs arm.</description>
<workerClass>Recipe_InstallNaturalBodyPart</workerClass>
<jobString>Installing arm.</jobString>
<workAmount>2000</workAmount>
<recipeUsers>
<li>Human</li>
</recipeUsers>
<ingredients>
<li>
<filter>
<categories>
<li>Medicine</li>
</categories>
</filter>
<count>1</count>
</li>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Arm</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>1</count>
</li>
</ingredients>
<fixedIngredientFilter>
<categories>
<li>Medicine</li>
</categories>
<thingDefs>
<li>Arm</li>
</thingDefs>
</fixedIngredientFilter>
<appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
<li>LeftShoulder</li>
<li>RightShoulder</li>
</appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
<workSkill>Medicine</workSkill>
</RecipeDef>

Is there anything here that may be missing that I should know about?

IMPORTANT EDIT: So, I changed the <appliedOnFixedBodyParts> to LeftArm and RightArm... Aaaand it worked. Somehow. So why, then, can the bionic arm be attached to the shoulder, BUT THE NATURAL ARM CAN'T?
Introducing the new and improved killbox: the Minefield! Now with 30% more explosions! Guaranteed to kill all those pesky tribals that keep visiting you at night.

antibodee

I've played with about 20 mods so far, and this one is the most deserving of praise.  It doesn't feel like a mod, but rather, a more complete version of the game. Please, this needs to just be incorporated Tynan.  I know you are all about consequences and the drama that results from them, but I think the fun you get playing Mr PotatoHead with your colonists makes up for that loss.

Xom

How possible would it to create a Stem-Cell Tissue item that can be used to surgically patch up scars? Seems kind of silly to just replace a whole limb to fix what is some muscle and nerve damage.

Another idea: bodyparts in the vat taking time to grow, like plants.

johiah

Someone told me I could find a compat download tht worked with cybernetic storm.
"My best warden has no jaw"

daveboy2000

Can't wait 'til it's updated, this is pretty much an essential mod for me..

ProtoTypeRaavyn

Quote from: daveboy2000 on April 19, 2015, 05:08:20 AM
Can't wait 'til it's updated, this is pretty much an essential mod for me..

Yup me too

D141370

Fan-made update until official release.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Neocryptorian

Hi everyone sorry for the delay i have been working on a version update for Minus and this is the result look at the change log below for the fixes and causes behind them.

Edit: Removed download due to being obsolete now  :)
download in attachment below

Update #2

Special credits to D141370 for the effort to get Alpha 10 update out to everyone.

Have now merged the missed sections below that "D141370", updated the mod to Alpha 10, so it's more complete and whole.

Question: Does the first fan version actually drop an eye for the left eye harvest? And can you actually attach the arms to a body? (the code looks like the old non working one... Please confirm this) - Nevermind it's confirmed it's the outdated code.

Update #2 - Is the merged bug-fixed one to download - arms, legs and both eyes confirmed.

Additions to Alpha 10f:
- implemented all missing <workSkill> tags added from D141370's great work into Minus new build.
- Implemented D141370's good eyesight with the equipment tables, now using the medicine skill to craft rather then the crafting skill.

Changes from Alpha 9:
- Updated to alpha 10f standards
- Added missing spawn eye, when removing the left eye.
- Cause of legs not being Installable related to "<recipeUsers><li>Human</li></recipeUsers>" missing in Recipe_Organs.xml to allow natural Leg transplants.
- Cause of arms missing was an error with how arms was attached with body. (<appliedOnFixedBodyParts> was set to "LeftShoulder" respektive RightShoulder instead of the right which was LeftArm / RightArm)
- Compatibility with Apothecarious, EdB Interface UI Mod is confirmed, Brain Surgery should be unaffected by update to Alpha 10f but not verified.

Known Issues:
- When using the Apothecarious mod there will be a second install eye entry on surgery, only way for the moment to remedy this issue is to remove "AdditionalBodyPartsRecipes.xml" and "AdditionalBodyParts.xml" from the Apothecarious mod folder when using it with this mod.
~Tested with (Alpha 10) Apothecarius FML - A10Update (23.04.2015)

Ok seems someone got ahead of me to it but will put this version up due to the fact I offered to lend Minus a helping hand and it was fun learning the basics of coding.

Have fun everyone.

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/

If you treat people right they will treat you right... ninety percent of the time.
~Franklin D. Roosevel

Minus

Quote from: Neocryptorian on April 28, 2015, 03:01:27 PM
Known Issues:
- When using the Apothecarious mod there will be a second install eye entry on surgery, only way for the moment to remedy this issue is to remove "AdditionalBodyPartsRecipes.xml" and "AdditionalBodyParts.xml" from the Apothecarious mod folder when using it with this mod.
~Tested with (Alpha 10) Apothecarius FML - A10Update (23.04.2015)
I ran into this issue myself. The problem is simply that Julia calls her eye an "eye" isntead of an "Eye". So I changed the first 'e' in my eye def to match hers. That solved the issue.

Gonna fix that little bit before I add the posted update to the first page.

EDIT: Damnit Julia! It was actually the recipe name. This hurts my OCD to do, but I'm changing "<defName>InstallNaturalEye</defName>" to her "<defName>installeye</defName>"

EDIT2: Fixed gold cost on AI chip too!

To all of you suggesting something to heal torsos, or give regeneration, those are either beyond the game's capabilities, or beyond my own coding skills. Sorry about that. This mod is unlikely to add anything more until the medical drop-down list is changed to fit more options in, as well as give more freedom in altering other parts like the torso. It still bothers me that Mechanised Treads don't automatically attach to both legs. But I am still glad to hear suggestions.

Sorry that the Alpha 9 version which I updated all by myself, turned out to be surprinsingly buggy. And even worse, I fixed several issues that you guys were having, and was SURE I uploaded it, but... Whoops. Don't really deserve forgiveness for that big a mistake. Accidentally hogging version 1.7B to myself, really feeling guilty.

Luckily Neocryptorian and D141370 are great guys! You have all of my gratitude!

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance