[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dareddevil7

you just sorta vanish unless its for updating to a new version

boltactionjack

This mod allows me to create servitors from Warhammer 40k. A dream come true. Thank you so much for adding those treads. Wish there was a brain implant that would replace people's traits with something like Hard Worker, Psychopath, Steadfast, and abrasive. Just to really make a macabre human-slave machine. I really need to figure out how to mod that in.
But anyway, thank you for the work your put into this. It is quality.

Minus

Okay found some bugs. Crafting bionics refuses to give crafting XP for some reason. I can't work out why. I also cannot find the core game recipes for tailoring and smithing which would've helped me sort this out. Bear with me guys.

Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 30, 2015, 08:57:13 PM
Yeah... Kinda got some health issues that are taking up my time. But regardless, I wanna make sure I never let this mod fall behind. That would be unfair to you guys.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Boboid

Had a quick look - I think it's because you haven't assigned a workSkill to your recipes. Or a workStatSpeed but that shouldn't matter.

Edit: Yeah I just tested it, you just forgot to add a workSkill, works fine once you do.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Minus

Quote from: Boboid on May 02, 2015, 05:20:46 AM
Had a quick look - I think it's because you haven't assigned a workSkill to your recipes. Or a workStatSpeed but that shouldn't matter.
But I have. I can see it there, and it's been there since Alpha 9. Not sure if it was broken then too or not. Testing it more, and still not getting any XP at all. Even though I am using the identicle code used to make medical operations give XP, and that works fine.

How did you get it to work with crafting?

EDIT: I think I worked it out! <RecipeDef ParentName="this is a cool feature">

Boboid

I downloaded the most recent version, went into your Defs->recipedefs->ProstheticWorkbench, and compared it to other modded recipedefs, I couldn't find the vanilla smithing/tailoring either.

It ought to look like this
-<RecipeDef>

<defName>CreateBionicEye</defName>

<label>Craft bionic eye</label>

<description>Crafts a bionic eye from plasteel.</description>

<jobString>Crafting bionic.</jobString>

<workAmount>1000</workAmount>

<workSkill>Crafting</workSkill>

But originally it was just missing <workSkill>Crafting</workSkill>
Once I added it worked fine, xp was gained as per normal.

All your prosthetic workbench recipes are missing workSkills.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

Minus

Quote from: Boboid on May 03, 2015, 01:01:42 AM
But originally it was just missing <workSkill>Crafting</workSkill>
Once I added it worked fine, xp was gained as per normal.

All your prosthetic workbench recipes are missing workSkills.
The issue wasn't that it was missing the code. The code was there at the top. What I didn't realise was that I had to connect each def to the top bit now.
I also found out that the medical operations were totally broken. Giving someone a bionic heart would give an okay amount of XP. But giving someone a new hand would give you SIXTEEN TIMES more XP. I think I screwed up my maths by ignoring the passions a colonist might have. So now crafting AND medical XP gain have both been fixed a new version will go up shortly. If you don't see 1.8B, then I've not uploaded the new file yet.

EDIT: The 16x XP boost is a vanilla thing... Tynan finally made the base game give XP for surgery, but went a bit mad with how much to give. Given that I was the one to make the medical XP mod in the first place it feels weird for me to now be the one reducing the amount of XP it gives. But it's totally broken as it is, so I hope you guys are okay with this recuction. Also fixed a typo with creating a Bionic Jaw.

Boboid

Well at least it's fixed, glad I could of no-help :P

Where the hell are the vanilla defs for tailoring/smithing in any case? I've scoured every single folder

Minus

Quote from: Boboid on May 03, 2015, 01:17:18 AM
Well at least it's fixed, glad I could be of no-help :P
Hey now, it was because of you I went back and checked and checked and checked and checked and checked and checked until I FINALLY realised my mistake! New version is now up!

dareddevil7

Quote from: Minus on May 02, 2015, 12:53:16 AM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 30, 2015, 08:57:13 PM
Yeah... Kinda got some health issues that are taking up my time. But regardless, I wanna make sure I never let this mod fall behind. That would be unfair to you guys.
sorry to hear that, very kind of you to still keep checking up on this mod to make sure it still works

CazemTheNinja

I have made a combination mod of three mods one of them being yours and then glittertech and also epoe mod as they dont work together originally, so i have made a fix pack for this. Im not sure of your opinion on modpacks so i wanted to just get explicit consent, the link is here and i have credited your mod. Here is the post https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12961.0

Thankyou

NotAnHiro

Thanks for the mod!

I enjoyed turning ears into lavish meals immensely. However, two things I noticed which gave me trouble during the game:

-  Could you also include a recipe for creating power claws, since you made the power arm?

- Any possibility of a recipe for a spinal buff soon?

Minus

Quote from: NotAnHiro on May 12, 2015, 12:56:12 PM
- Could you also include a recipe for creating power claws, since you made the power arm?
- Any possibility of a recipe for a spinal buff soon?
Since the surgery list is now bigger, I can add more things to this mod. Spine and torso buffs are not one of them, but adding a way to repair spinal damage, as well as other minor injuries, I should be able to do.
I've also got a robot conversion surgery planned.

But making power claws? Hmm. I kinda wanted to keep the AI core and power claws as rare items, but I guess I could at least let you upgrade those scyther blade arms that you get from robot enemies into power claws. To make it more even with AI cores, which you can get outside of trading, but you gotta fight for it.
Once the game lets me give more health to cybernetic parts it'll make your colonists really tough. So in preperation for that, i'm putting in these limits. But hey, play long enough and you'll get all the power claws and AI cores you need.

And if I ever get that gun-arm to work, you won't even want a power claw anymore! But thanks for the input. Really wanna keep this mod fun, without letting it break the game's balance.

Update:
I've made the workbenches passable like the normal ones are now. Also adding in a new workbench sadly, as I need one that's much bigger for the robot crafting. I might find some other uses for it later to make it feel more worthwhile. Also increased building time of all workbenches as they were really low. AND made them use electric. Doesn't make sense that you could craft bionics with no electonic help.
OH and changed the arm removal surgery to remove arms from your shoulders instead. This keeps everything in line, and removes the bug where attaching a bionic arm wouldn't drop an organic one like it used to. Although limbs plopping off after having a bionic installed was itself a bug, but I've come to like it.

tylers2001

This will make me seem very stupid i am assured of it but which one do we download for alpha ten the current version of alpha ten at least.
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

harpo99999

tylers2001, the only version for alpha10 in te OP is the 1.8b. the other attachments in the op are for previous alphas