[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minus

This will be my last post here most likely. I can't continue this mod anymore incase that wasn't clear. Don't PM be to ask if you can continue it in my stead, because the answer is a huge yes. Take any parts you want from it, copy-paste any of the codes into your own mods.

I know many of you depended on me and that this mod was one of the bigger ones people used. So I am sorry yet again for not only not updating it, but for not coming back here to let people know I wasn't gonna be making mods anymore.

If someone has already taken over this mod, but changed the name and made a new thread, can I get a link?

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Fregrant

InfiniteRemnant

Similar but not the same, this was the better mod IMHO. That one doubled the number of work tables for no reason, stripped out a really useful feature for the sake of "balance" (I have yet to produce anything using EPOE that a prostophobe won't bitch about, being able to grow normal body parts in a vat was really handy.), and added a degree of convolution to the whole thing that i don't see the point of (among other things, did we really need a new raw material?).

EPOE is still far better than the rest of the surgery mods out there, but I would much rather be using this mod, even if maintained by a third party, than settling for the 2nd place competitor.

syafiq2409

I just install and add the mods in rimworld v 0.14.1234 in the folder (RIM\Mods\SurgeryExtendedAndBionics) , I initially got there error incorrect target version. Later I edited in the wordpad "about" file to adjust to version 0.14.1234 , but it seems i could not find the option to craft the table. The operation options is also not updated and retained the vanilla surgical options

JT

@syafiq2409: Mods this old need a lot more changes than merely changing the target version number.  This mod is old enough and popular enough that many people have wanted to update it but haven't managed to do it successfully -- which should tell you a bit about how difficult it is. =)

Plus, we have Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering now, which excepting InfiniteRemnant's and E's complaints is still excellent.