[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oragepoilu

Quote from: DracoGriffin on October 21, 2014, 11:45:06 PM
I'd like to use this mod but... could you combine your other Medical surgery XP gain mod into this one?

If he do this i wouldn't be able to use other mod like the tech tree of minami, i think. He already do that.

Minus

I'd like to use this mod but... could you combine your other Medical surgery XP gain mod into this one?
They're fully compatible already, so there's no need to merge the two. I don't want to force people to use this mod if they only want more XP.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Minus

Double posting to announce that I have been given permission to work on More Bionic Parts. For now I am simply uploading the modded version that I have been using, unchanged. The bigger updates I'll be making to it will take quite a while, and you guys ought to have a compatible version here and now.

This version requires ES because it's research option is unlocked after researching ES, and it has a bionic stomach that uses the stomach only removable with ES. I hope you enjoy!

rchaves007

there we go... two of my favorit mods coming together... thats nice... like i said i really love the way we cn upgrade our colonists bodies... bionic all the way! :D one questions that riged version u uploaded now... do i need anything like that compatibility change or is it compatible in every way? and o i download the MoreBionicParts! SE.rar  only or do i have to download extended surgery aswell?

MisterLock

These health mods are starting to get really annoying...Royaly annoying...I'm not blaming this on any of you good guys out there.You put your good time into these kinds of things,trying to make improvements to a normal players like me experience but I'm just to god damn tired of this crap...Every single time,these health mods are just so incompatible,EDB's is one of the best mods out there just because of the nice interface...but guess what?Not compatible...health tab goes wonky every single time I have it on.
Also not being able to install More Bionic's...bionics...I think Jullia's Apothecarius or your new Xtended Surgery is doing this but I got alot more organs from colonists,like arms and legs but guess what?I can't add them back,same with the stomach for example(normal colonist stomach).These problems expand upon MB's organs to,can't implant them.
I already said this in a reply to SkullyWag on MB's mod page but I'm just tired of these health mods,I've spent more time troubleshooting my game then actually playing(now I am feeling what some modders are feeling with their big mods,I think)...the problem is I just can't let it go,I'm trying over and over,I just need to get my Rimworld cleared of any mods I have and start a new colony...Without any single health mod...well maybe yours...but Recipie Nurse still is something to take in mind with compatibility...

Now that I've anger has worn off by writing this long freaking post...I think I"m gonna go try to get these mods to work again...atleast 1 more time...
To each his own.

BinaryBlackhole

This mod is great but whenever I try to download version 1.3 and it dosent work it just comes up with a message about adobe reader not being able to open the mod how do i fix this?

DracoGriffin

Quote from: Minus on October 22, 2014, 08:04:17 AM
They're fully compatible already, so there's no need to merge the two. I don't want to force people to use this mod if they only want more XP.
Right, I agree. XP gain mod should be separate, but there's no reason to have to download both when I can just use Extended Surgery mod to be more "inclusive", if that makes sense? Or rather, I'd like to load fewer mods than I have to. I mean, who wouldn't want XP gain mod in Extended Surgery mod especially since so many new surgeries are available to experiment on prisoners?
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

skullywag

The xp gain stuff should be part of the recipe full stop. Xp gain should be on ALL recipes. Its a bug they were missed from the core game....dont just copy and paste people, check  what you are making. A quick look at any other recipe would have shown tis deficiency.

Hope this doesnt come across as rude, just pointing out the games still alpha so there will be mistakes. If you spot something like this when making your mod, report it to Tynan.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Exe19

Could you "integrate" minor body parts from the Body Bank mod too? I want to give one of my colonist a bionic arm but I can't because her shoulder is completely destroyed.

skullywag

Quote from: Exe19 on October 23, 2014, 03:17:04 AM
Could you "integrate" minor body parts from the Body Bank mod too? I want to give one of my colonist a bionic arm but I can't because her shoulder is completely destroyed.

Your link is broken
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Oragepoilu

Quote from: skullywag on October 23, 2014, 03:14:11 AM
The xp gain stuff should be part of the recipe full stop. Xp gain should be on ALL recipes. Its a bug they were missed from the core game....dont just copy and paste people, check  what you are making. A quick look at any other recipe would have shown tis deficiency.

Hope this doesnt come across as rude, just pointing out the games still alpha so there will be mistakes. If you spot something like this when making your mod, report it to Tynan.

As i'v said, if this mod include xp i'm not sure it would be fine with the techtree minami, because he intend to do the same in the last path note.

Der Failer

I found a meaner recipe bug. To upgrade a simple prosthetic arm to a bionic arm, 11 arms are required.

Minus

Quote from: Der Failer on October 23, 2014, 09:04:40 AM
I found a meaner recipe bug. To upgrade a simple prosthetic arm to a bionic arm, 11 arms are required.
Oh my God I am so embarassed! How did I miss that?!

Quote from: DracoGriffin on October 23, 2014, 01:17:24 AM
Right, I agree. XP gain mod should be separate, but there's no reason to have to download both when I can just use Extended Surgery mod to be more "inclusive", if that makes sense?
OH! Right, yeah that makes sense. I never saw the point in adding MediXP to this mod as I'm fine with a big cluttered list of mods. But I shall add it in for the sake of neatness in then ext update.

Quote from: BinaryBlackhole on October 22, 2014, 03:53:28 PM
This mod is great but whenever I try to download version 1.3 and it dosent work it just comes up with a message about adobe reader not being able to open the mod how do i fix this?
You need to unzip the file. Get Winzip or Winrar or any of the many programs out there. 7zip is getting more popular too.

Quote from: MisterLock on October 22, 2014, 09:42:35 AM
Every single time,these health mods are just so incompatible,EDB's is one of the best mods out there just because of the nice interface...but guess what?Not compatible...health tab goes wonky every single time I have it on.
Also not being able to install More Bionic's...bionics...I think Jullia's Apothecarius or your new Xtended Surgery is doing this but I got alot more organs from colonists,like arms and legs but guess what?I can't add them back,same with the stomach for example(normal colonist stomach).These problems expand upon MB's organs to,can't implant them.
Compatibility is the entire reason I took over this mod. EdB was one I tested and it worked fine with this... And then I realised you weren't talking about EdB's Prepare Carefully. I'll look into the EdB Interface mod and see what's going on there. But I was sure this mod would've been compatible with Apothacarius. From what I've seen, most people are able to fix the problem with limb isntallation simply by unloading nurse recipe, and then turning it back on again. And I don't mean untick then tick, I mean untick it, click okay, go back to mods, re-tick. If that's not working, then... I don't know. I'm simply not having any problems at all.

EDIT: EdB seems to conflict with Recipe Nurse. It's their end that has the compatibility issue. Looking forward to Alpha 8 when these issues won't exist.

EDIT2: Nearly missed you!
Quote from: Exe19 on October 23, 2014, 03:17:04 AM
I want to give one of my colonist a bionic arm but I can't because her shoulder is completely destroyed.
Didn't realise you could get a destroyed shoulder. I'll put some bionic ones in. I think that leaves only the torso without a replacement part for now.

MisterLock

Quote from: Minus on October 23, 2014, 09:48:13 AM
Compatibility is the entire reason I took over this mod. EdB was one I tested and it worked fine with this... And then I realised you weren't talking about EdB's Prepare Carefully. I'll look into the EdB Interface mod and see what's going on there. But I was sure this mod would've been compatible with Apothacarius. From what I've seen, most people are able to fix the problem with limb isntallation simply by unloading nurse recipe, and then turning it back on again. And I don't mean untick then tick, I mean untick it, click okay, go back to mods, re-tick. If that's not working, then... I don't know. I'm simply not having any problems at all.

EDIT: EdB seems to conflict with Recipe Nurse. It's their end that has the compatibility issue. Looking forward to Alpha 8 when these issues won't exist.

Thanks for paying attention to my post...I still didn't manage to get it working,maybe If I actually show you a screen of my erros as well,you seem to be quite good in figuring out compatibility issues.
Here's a screen : http://imgur.com/m7qdzvy
Thanks for your help Min in advance...
To each his own.

Minus

Quote from: MisterLock on October 23, 2014, 10:57:49 AM
Thanks for paying attention to my post...I still didn't manage to get it working,maybe If I actually show you a screen of my erros as well,you seem to be quite good in figuring out compatibility issues.
Here's a screen : http://imgur.com/m7qdzvy
Thanks for your help Min in advance...
Christ that's a lot of mods! I see at the top, something about life support. Does one of these mods add life support? Let me know which one, as I expect that'll be the issue.