[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mj64

Checking what's new in the more recent stuff and...

Motorized Treads?! One step closer to turning my colonists into literal tanks!

Killaim

needs a darth vader special bed for making cyborgs in

also

2 arms ? pff - 4 arms! - now wield two rifles.. makes NO sense - but hell i want it :D

Timber

Is this still officially incompatible with Extended UI?
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Romi

why this mod is not compatibile with Edb mod? why :(

Clibanarius

EdB's options have an option for 'use EdB Interface's bills', would disabling that fix the incompatibility?

mrypup

I dont know why, but the new version will not let me install anything on my colonists. it has red text for all installs on the log at start.

EDIT: i have determined its a problem with recipe nurse

Karnej

I'm torn about this mod changing so much. By itself it's just getting better, but few people play with just one mod at a time. I would always recommend Extended Surgery because it worked with anything but now I can't use my preferred medical mod.I mean, I'm sure the incompats. will work out soon enough but now I have to work around vanilla mechanics. At least I have a copy of the old version for now. lol

Edit: After some tough mod choices I got this working with my normalish set of mods. Lot of fun. The added features compared to the last version of Extended Surgery I had are really cool. Good job and sorry for this initial downerness.

Clibanarius

As someone who loves mods, which ones did you find weren't suitable or compatible? I know I'd appreciate the input!

Tim500

Actually I really enjoy this mod, but I keep on getting error messages  at the beginning that some functions/bodyparts are not working.  :-\. I tried to delete/disable all other mods. But that didn't work, I still get the error messages...

hikkiko

red messages at the start? they are just notifications what was added. the author of recipe nurse used wrong function.

Clibanarius

Note: Neuromuscular Integration's research description says "'Grant's a greater understanding..." when it should be grants. "Grants a greater understanding of high-tech prostheses." MotORized, as well, instead of ERized.

Timber

Quote from: Clibanarius on October 25, 2014, 02:43:32 PM
EdB's options have an option for 'use EdB Interface's bills', would disabling that fix the incompatibility?
Could someone test this?

EdB

Quote from: Timber on October 25, 2014, 08:21:27 PM
Could someone test this?

This probably won't help if the problem is the bills in the Health tab.  This option does not affect that.

I would love to get some feedback on what kind of incompatibilities people are seeing so that I can try to fix them.  I just tried out a game with the interface mod, recipe nurse and extended surgery & bionics installed (and nothing else), and it seemed to work ok.

Keep in mind that Recipe Nurse requires a restart of the game after you've set the mods that you want to use.  It only loads the add-on recipes when the game starts, and will reset all mod definitions (without reloading the add-on recipes) if you go into the mods menu.  So if the issue is missing recipes, this may solve your problem.

Commander Beanbag

It should help if you just packaged recipe nurse with this mod instead. Personally, I don't have recipe nurse "installed", rather I've merged it with every mod I have that requires it (5 or 6 of them). No issues with EdB interface or other mods.

Also, restarting every time you close the mods screen is required, for sure.

Timber

Quote from: EdB on October 25, 2014, 08:41:22 PM
Quote from: Timber on October 25, 2014, 08:21:27 PM
Could someone test this?

This probably won't help if the problem is the bills in the Health tab.  This option does not affect that.

I would love to get some feedback on what kind of incompatibilities people are seeing so that I can try to fix them.  I just tried out a game with the interface mod, recipe nurse and extended surgery & bionics installed (and nothing else), and it seemed to work ok.

Keep in mind that Recipe Nurse requires a restart of the game after you've set the mods that you want to use.  It only loads the add-on recipes when the game starts, and will reset all mod definitions (without reloading the add-on recipes) if you go into the mods menu.  So if the issue is missing recipes, this may solve your problem.

Oooh I see. Maybe it's compatible after all! Thanks for clarifying.