[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

generalcrusher

Why is this incompatible with the EdB Interface UI Mod?

Pear

Having an issue with motorized treads - had two in storage, but no option was available to attach them on the operations tab.

Krantz86

Quote from: Pear on October 26, 2014, 02:19:27 PM
Having an issue with motorized treads - had two in storage, but no option was available to attach them on the operations tab.
i had a similar issue, be sure to have the nurse loaded last, it worked for me that way

doujinftw

Um did you add the adrenal ,sight and ,pain lobes in with this one too cause i dont see those prosthetics anywhere.

Minus

Quote from: Clibanarius on October 25, 2014, 06:52:08 PM
Note: Neuromuscular Integration's research description says "'Grant's a greater understanding..." when it should be grants. "Grants a greater understanding of high-tech prostheses." MotORized, as well, instead of ERized.
That first mistake is not mine, the second one though is. I'll fix these in the next update, thankyou!

Quote from: doujinftw on October 26, 2014, 10:49:52 PM
Um did you add the adrenal ,sight and ,pain lobes in with this one too cause i dont see those prosthetics anywhere.
Nope. Because they caused incompatibility I removed them. The AI core works just as well anyway I find. And if you use Apothacarius with this, which I recommend, you'll have the drone core instead.

Quote from: EdB on October 25, 2014, 08:41:22 PM
I would love to get some feedback on what kind of incompatibilities people are seeing so that I can try to fix them.  I just tried out a game with the interface mod, recipe nurse and extended surgery & bionics installed (and nothing else), and it seemed to work ok.

Keep in mind that Recipe Nurse requires a restart of the game after you've set the mods that you want to use.  It only loads the add-on recipes when the game starts, and will reset all mod definitions (without reloading the add-on recipes) if you go into the mods menu.  So if the issue is missing recipes, this may solve your problem.

...The fact that I myself was making the same stupid mistake as everyone else... Really sorry EdB, as a modmaker I should have tried more times than this. I did not realise I had to restart the game to get the recipe nurse to work. Tried it just now and it works with all of my mods. I've been spreading this stupid notion that your mod was broken when all it along it was fine! Really REALLY sorry to you and all the people that disabled your mod to use this one.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Commander Beanbag

I think you should include the brain lobes and implants again. They have lots of potential. I can help work out compatibility issues.

Minus

Quote from: Commander Beanbag on October 27, 2014, 01:11:51 AM
I think you should include the brain lobes and implants again. They have lots of potential. I can help work out compatibility issues.
The brain affects a lot of what your colonist does. Improving it has a huge effect! The lobes and implants simply split up it's strengths into smaller parts to make them more even with other bionics. But I don't see the point in them when I can stick to a single powerful expensive brain replacement. It also gives the AI core some actual use if you don't want to build a spaceship.
Both with what I have already, and Apothacarius, adding more brain parts would just cause issues. It would also make it so that you'd have to start a new game rather than just load your current one I'm pretty sure.
The MBP mod that has those is still up for download in it's own thread, so if you really want them, you can still use them.

But for this mod, sorry but I can't see them being worth it. Unless the brain gets devided into smaller parts in the vanilla game, I don't really want to do that. I'll gladly add more parts to everywhere else though. For example, I'm thinking of adding a bionic groin to the next update. Thankyou for the offer and thankyou for what you have already done so far. If I have time, I MAY create a fully seperate mod that only focuses on adding in new brain parts.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

BarryVonBarry

Whenever I press the "operations" button, all that happens is that the error log pops up (no new messages on it)

MisterLock

Quote from: BarryVonBarry on October 27, 2014, 09:59:38 PM
Whenever I press the "operations" button, all that happens is that the error log pops up (no new messages on it)

This has already been answeared alot...You need to uncked what mods you use and restart the game with Xtended Surgery and Recipie Nurse.Once you've done that you need to activate mods(preferably 1 by 1)and find out which is the bugger that is causing that error.(In my case it was Material Crops mod by Skullywag)
To each his own.

Rathael

I had the error when clicking on Bills in the health tab. It was caused by Simple Medicine Craft https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6652.0

Romancandle64

I cant seem to install some natural limbs or the hock hand, not sure what else though

Romancandle64

Quote from: Romancandle64 on October 28, 2014, 11:47:35 PM
I cant seem to install some natural limbs or the hock hand, not sure what else though
I figured it out, it is Simple Medicine Craft, its the only other mod i have, problem is if i disable it i cant load my save

MisterLock

Quote from: Romancandle64 on October 29, 2014, 12:02:04 AM
I figured it out, it is Simple Medicine Craft, its the only other mod i have, problem is if i disable it i cant load my save

Ussualy saves are very finnicky,You can most of the time add mods to the game with no problems but if you take out mods then you will most likely break your save,unless it is graphic or etc mods(EbD's UI mod).Also why would you install simple medicine craft?Minus recomands using Apothecarius which includes a relatively simple medicine craft,It only takes 3 herbs and a table to produce 1 medicine...Also you said you only had this and Simple Medicine Craft mod,The incompatibilty might have been caused by the lack of RecipieNurse,I don't know if you have it or not
I would suggest just picking up more mods and paying attention to what is compatible and what not and starting a new world.
To each his own.

Romancandle64

Quote from: MisterLock on October 29, 2014, 03:20:14 PM
Quote from: Romancandle64 on October 29, 2014, 12:02:04 AM

Ussualy saves are very finnicky,You can most of the time add mods to the game with no problems but if you take out mods then you will most likely break your save,unless it is graphic or etc mods(EbD's UI mod).Also why would you install simple medicine craft?Minus recomands using Apothecarius which includes a relatively simple medicine craft,It only takes 3 herbs and a table to produce 1 medicine...Also you said you only had this and Simple Medicine Craft mod,The incompatibilty might have been caused by the lack of RecipieNurse,I don't know if you have it or not
I would suggest just picking up more mods and paying attention to what is compatible and what not and starting a new world.
i do have recipe nurse, I was too lazy too say so, and i didnt want to use apothicarius because, to my knowledge, it replaces the ai core with a drone core, and i dont want to have to fix brain damage with a hive mind

Killaim

unsure why - but one of my colonist has destroyed cerebellum - effecting manipulation only (still walking around and working but cant handle weapons) - there are no way to fix this (atleast i tried installing everything that could be installed in him (dev mode) and nothing happens

is this a missing brain part that was removed ? because the damage still happens
(dunno if he is supposed to be dead and just diddent die)