[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterLock

Quote from: Timber on November 02, 2014, 08:29:03 AM
I give up this is a fucking mess. It just stops working sometimes and takes 20 restarts to get to work again :/
This was my attitude initially :D.I got it working after a while.
Maybe post a screen in a private message to Min?
To each his own.

SlinkyAce

i have now updated all mods, and installed Recipe Nurse now the add bill to the operations menu has gone, is there a conflict with the other mods i'm running, they are - dusters and jackets, ebd interface and careful prepare, extended stoneworking, modular tables, simple med crafting and T mods

Darkfirephoenix

I had the same issue (button for operation doesn't work), I found my problem: Material plants (I think it also includes some rather easy way for Med crafting)

InfiniteRemnant

I've run into a compatibility problem between this mod and Personal Shields from the Enhanced Defense - Phoenix Edition pack, that I never had with More Bionic Parts! before they were merged. For some reason, when I use the two together i can't harvest parts. Any parts.

Any idea what's going on?

Sleeeper

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on November 02, 2014, 04:51:54 PM
I had the same issue (button for operation doesn't work), I found my problem: Material plants
If i disable it and this mod, then enable MaterialCrops then enable SurgeryExtended and then load save (without game restart), operations list works just fine... until next restart.

Edit: Seems like a problem with Edb  interface, it throws error when clicking on "add operation".
I've got a workaround though after some testing:
In Mods\MaterialCrops\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_Crops.xml
replace any <workSpeedStat>MedicalOperationSpeed</workSpeedStat>
with <workSpeedStat>TailoringSpeed</workSpeedStat>

And somehow operations list now works.

Minus

Quote from: Romancandle64 on October 29, 2014, 05:50:28 PM
i do have recipe nurse, I was too lazy too say so, and i didnt want to use apothicarius because, to my knowledge, it replaces the ai core with a drone core, and i dont want to have to fix brain damage with a hive mind
The drone core and AI core are totally different. One improves the brain and makes your colonist a lot better. The other shares skills but with no other boosts. There's a reason I've said in the first post that the two are compatible and go well together.

Quote from: Killaim on October 29, 2014, 06:28:32 PM
unsure why - but one of my colonist has destroyed cerebellum - effecting manipulation only (still walking around and working but cant handle weapons) - there are no way to fix this (atleast i tried installing everything that could be installed in him (dev mode) and nothing happens

is this a missing brain part that was removed ? because the damage still happens
(dunno if he is supposed to be dead and just diddent die)
This sounds like you were using More Bionic Parts! with that save. The standalone version of that mod messes with the brain. Sorry but I think your save is only going to work with that mod enabled again, so you likely need to start a new one.

Quote from: DracoGriffin on October 30, 2014, 02:23:48 AM
Hey Minus, I know some people have pointed out spelling errors but there's one even in the research and bills! :P
I don't see this error and your picture didn't really help. What's the mistake?

Quote from: DracoGriffin on October 30, 2014, 09:50:03 PM
Bug: Crystal Eye requires 3x Glass Eyes but only uses 1x Glass Eye during production.

Easiest way to test: craft 1x Glass Eye and can't craft Crystal Eye. Craft 2x more Glass Eye for total 3x Glass Eye. Craft Crystal Eye and still have 2x Glass Eye remaining.
I forgot to fix this same error as it happens to the moterized treads. Had no idea it happened to the eyes too. Thankyou for noticing this and hopefully I'll not make this same mistake.

Quote from: Fifty Foot Ant on October 31, 2014, 02:29:12 PM
How come it's not letting me install the power arm onto my colonist? Do I need to give him a bionic arm before upgrading?  ???

Edit: Can someone please help me? I only have RecipeNurse and ExtendedSurgery installed, I'm able to spawn, craft and harvest all the organs and bionic parts but I can't install any of them. As in, the "Operations Tab" works but there is no option to install the parts. Anyone know how to fix this?
Nothing needs to be installed first. Bionic arms and power arms will even replace each other. The issue you and 99% of posters here are having is with Recipe Nurse not loading at the right time.

To all of you struggling with this. To fix the operations list being empty, turn recipe nurse off and then press okay. then turn it on and press okay. then quit. Then start the game. Your game now works.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Igabod

Quote from: Minus on November 04, 2014, 10:48:42 AM
Quote from: DracoGriffin on October 30, 2014, 02:23:48 AM
Hey Minus, I know some people have pointed out spelling errors but there's one even in the research and bills! :P
I don't see this error and your picture didn't really help. What's the mistake?

I forgot to fix this same error as it happens to the moterized treads. Had no idea it happened to the eyes too. Thankyou for noticing this and hopefully I'll not make this same mistake.

The error is in your spelling of Motorized treads. There is no E after the T. It's supposed to be an O.

evilnine9

I'm guessing this isn't possible at the minute as I've never seen a mod do it, but it would be nice if when an ai core is installed in a colonist their skills no longer degrade, as the mechanic is only there to represent skills "rusting" over time, which I would have thought wouldn't happen if they no longer possess a brain :P. Either that or a reduction in the rate of degradation, although I know that is coming in A8.

skullywag

Quote from: Sleeeper on November 04, 2014, 02:30:44 AM
Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on November 02, 2014, 04:51:54 PM
I had the same issue (button for operation doesn't work), I found my problem: Material plants
If i disable it and this mod, then enable MaterialCrops then enable SurgeryExtended and then load save (without game restart), operations list works just fine... until next restart.

Edit: Seems like a problem with Edb  interface, it throws error when clicking on "add operation".
I've got a workaround though after some testing:
In Mods\MaterialCrops\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_Crops.xml
replace any <workSpeedStat>MedicalOperationSpeed</workSpeedStat>
with <workSpeedStat>TailoringSpeed</workSpeedStat>

And somehow operations list now works.

What is this madness! Its just reading the stat to use as the speed modifier why does recipe nurse or this mod care that ive used that on a completely different work table??? Something is VERY wrong here.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Sleeeper

Quote from: skullywag on November 04, 2014, 12:59:56 PM
What is this madness! Its just reading the stat to use as the speed modifier why does recipe nurse or this mod care that ive used that on a completely different work table??? Something is VERY wrong here.
Probably Recipe Nurse sees "<workSpeedStat>MedicalOperationSpeed</workSpeedStat>"  and tries to put all those recipes to operations list.

Austin_Kim

It looks like this mod does not work with Zombie Apocalypse mod.

Romancandle64

I thought i posted this already but i cant see it but, my arms and legs keep spawning in the bottom left corner along with a pistol, when they spawn the pistol is forbidden but the limbs aren't so i keep getting these limbs, its happened in two saves already

skullywag

The pistols are a core game bug thats been raised. Its from the space refugee event.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

MisterLock

Quote from: Austin_Kim on November 04, 2014, 05:45:38 PM
It looks like this mod does not work with Zombie Apocalypse mod.

I contradict that.I run both this and many other mods,including Z apocalypse.For me it's 100% compatible.Everything works,operations/operation tab,getting traders,everything.
To each his own.

Kapy_Tale