[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PertJester

Ded1

Is it possible to make it so i dont have to have brain damage to give a colonist a cyberbrain?  In the process of turning one of my colonists into a full cyborg (at least as much as i can) and that is getting in the way, i dont know how to make sure her brain gets injured but not killed.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Xfortran

Quote from: PertJester on November 09, 2014, 07:16:39 PM
Soo... Where is the download?  ???

Go to the first page, first post at the very bottom.  You need to be logged into the forums to see the attachment.

Minus

Quote from: Kapy_Tale on November 06, 2014, 03:50:09 PM
Not giving me the option to download the MOD.
I refer you to Xfortran's post. Log in and check the bottom of the first post.
Quote from: skullywag on November 06, 2014, 03:50:18 AM
The pistols are a core game bug thats been raised. Its from the space refugee event.
Weird how my arms and legs are affected by that bug. I've noticed this myself.
Quote from: TOMMCAT on November 07, 2014, 05:23:30 AM
I'm sorry but i'm a noob in this game. Where do i have to put that recipe file to enable this mod?
Nowhere. Put the mod file in the mod folder. No need to mess with recipe files. Unless you mean Recipe Nurse which also goes in the mod folder.
Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on November 07, 2014, 08:10:32 AM
Can we get some kind of brain implant to "heal" colonists with brain damage? Or at least a implant that gives a bonus so they can walk around again even after taking a bullet to the brain? Imagine it as a bit of electronic which gets impalnted into the brain to take over the job of the damaged parts, same could go for the spine.
Hmm, yeah that seems fair. A craftable brain restorer. The AI Core will remain the only one to improve it above 100% though.
Quote from: Oragepoilu on November 09, 2014, 04:11:54 AM
After I'v installed a bionic shoulder i wasn't able to install a bionic arm anymore on him. I'v tried to remove the shoulder but didn't work. Can't replace by an human shoulder because they don't exist.
So now my best colonist is stuck with basic arm :(
Shoulders in this version replace arms too. They are as good as bionic arms though so in most cases it's no problem. But they can't be removed? I'll look into this, because that is a bug. I don't plan to change much else with the shoulders until Alpha 8 improves them though.
Quote from: Ded1 on November 10, 2014, 01:42:49 AM
Is it possible to make it so i dont have to have brain damage to give a colonist a cyberbrain?  In the process of turning one of my colonists into a full cyborg (at least as much as i can) and that is getting in the way, i dont know how to make sure her brain gets injured but not killed.
If you don't have the option to install the AI Core at ALL times, then I think something is wrong. I always have that option from the very start of the game (No idea why). It's what I look for to check that my mod is working. And in all my uses of this mod, I have installed the AI core into several healthy people just fine.
Quote from: InfiniteRemnant on November 07, 2014, 09:13:31 PM
thought of two requests for improvements to this mod.

1) Ways to improve the damage-resistance of important body parts that cant currently be replaced, by 'augmenting' the existing part. basically add a procedure that consumes raw material to turn part A into part B if you use the cheap material, or part C if you use the good stuff.
- Skeletal reinforcement (skull) (metal or plastiteel)
- Skeletal reinforcement (spine) (metal or plastiteel)
- Flexible sub-dermal armor (head) (synthread or hyperweave)
- Flexible sub-dermal armor (torso) (synthread or hyperweave)
- give you two sets of claws and a rifle and congrats, you are now a bad cross between Cmdr. Shepard and Wolverine!

2) Tissue growth vat. A coms console sized workstation, made primarily out of plastisteel that consumes protein rich biomass (AKA, chunks of meat) to produce vat-grown synthetic tissue.
- Better than organic, not as good as bionics
- Doesn't piss off prostophobes since it's still living tissue and looks normal.
- Pisses off prostophiles cause they wanted the bionic version, not this weak ass fleshy crap.
- Not fast, cheap, or efficient, but very useful.
The previous mod owners have tried improve bodypart health, but to no avail. I really badly want to find this out, because even 140% mega cyborgs with power armour are still getting 1-shot in the torso and killed. It's bothering me as much as you, and I hope to solve this soon. I do want to get torso upgrades added in anyway though, if only to get rid of those scars. But aside from issues like I have with shoulders removing arms, the dropdown list of procedures is too big for the average person's screen. I'm not sure how many frivelous additions I can sensibly add until the list gets an upgrade to how it's shown. Torso is likely to be one of only 2 more additions I make until Alpha 8.

Vat growing though, that's something I nearly added. But in all of my games, I have to create HUGE stockpiles for all the harvested parts I've gotten from raiders. If anything, I should make a workbench that turns body parts INTO meat rather than the other way... I meant that jokingly but I might just add that. And I guess it wont hurt to add a limb and organ grower, but I still don't expect it to get much use.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

kremil1

Maybe add something like an auto bandage system that will cost loads of resources to add to the body.

Oragepoilu

The main problem with hp on part is that armor don't reduce the dmg taken but instead give a chance to avoid to take dmg.
if tynan change this, nobody should be OS with the right armor when he fight.

About the shoulder, I've tried to do anything I could in game but nothing helper but change the save file. I think giving a real human shoulder could fix this - anyway i never saw them get hit in the shoulder so i don't really get the point to have a bionic shoulder ^^

Well, good luck wi

Fifty Foot Ant

I like where the 1.5 changelog is going so far, but I agree with InfiniteRemnant on the Skull, Head, and Spine durability increasers. Maybe a bionic nose too, yes I know smell is useless, but it gets annoying to see that my colonist's nose is shot off and there's nothing I can do about it. [ Yes, I also know I can download the SilverNose mod by JuliaEllie but I like the idea of fully bionic colonists. }8) ]
A size-15 boot has landed, the following things were crushed:

- Comms console
- Fifty Foot Ant, Settler
- Wolf, Hunter

ZeloNixon

i can't seemed to...select other operation cuz there is too much,can u make a scroll?or it is just me

InfiniteRemnant

Quote from: ZeloNixon on November 11, 2014, 12:17:10 PM
i can't seemed to...select other operation cuz there is too much,can u make a scroll?or it is just me

no, it doesn't seem to fit on my end either. ai core is almost always off the bottom edge of the screen for me.

i suspect that's what the modcreator meant by needing to wait for an upgrade in A8. the only fix they could do is ui modding which would render this incompatible with other ui mods. not a good plan considering how many of us prefer edb's ui over vanilla.

Ded1

I cant seem to get the option to use anything other than arms, legs, or eyes for bionic parts.  I have TTM installed and tried the version uploaded for that (from their page) but i have the same issues.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Oragepoilu

Quote from: Ded1 on November 11, 2014, 04:39:01 PM
I cant seem to get the option to use anything other than arms, legs, or eyes for bionic parts.  I have TTM installed and tried the version uploaded for that (from their page) but i have the same issues.

Start the game. Go to the mods section, and check that the mod TTM and TTM_extended surgery are both enabled.
If they was already enabled, you should in the health tab of a colonist be able to add a bill for at las the AI core brain upgrade - it always show it. Other bionic need that you have them to be able to see them in the bill. Also if you use low res (I'm using 1920*1080 and it's fine), do you clearly that there is other choice when you open the bill tab ? they may be of screen, if i believe what i read.
If they wasn't enabled, please do it or else it won't work. Also check if you want other mods as well included in the pack - you need to enable each part.
If you don't have the TTM_extended surgery and other mods with a name like this (TTM_something) it's likely you download the MAIN part of the mod only and not th package including patched version of other mod. Go download the package instead.

After this report here if anything helped or not. And if it didn't, take time to double check everything if you aren't familiar with mods. (can't help much if people do something wrong)

I am using the last TTM package and it work.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3464.0
The link is just under "Alpha 7 v3.3 Full Pack (Includes 15 TTM patched mods)"

Minus

Version 1.5 is now out! There seems to be an issue with Apothacarius and harvesting eyes, but, I'll sort that later. Gonna go to bed and didn't want to hold onto this version any longer.

Quote from: Minus
Hmm, yeah that seems fair. A craftable brain restorer. The AI Core will remain the only one to improve it above 100% though.
Added!
Shoulders in this version replace arms too. They are as good as bionic arms though so in most cases it's no problem. But they can't be removed? I'll look into this, because that is a bug. I don't plan to change much else with the shoulders until Alpha 8 improves them though.
Shoulders are removable for me, so I've not changed anything here.
Vat growing though, that's something I nearly added. But in all of my games, I have to create HUGE stockpiles for all the harvested parts I've gotten from raiders. If anything, I should make a workbench that turns body parts INTO meat rather than the other way... I meant that jokingly but I might just add that. And I guess it wont hurt to add a limb and organ grower, but I still don't expect it to get much use.
Added! It was fun to make my own graphic for a change!

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

TOMMCAT

The new version 1.5 bugs out the Apothecarius Mod.
P.S: Is pretty stupid to post on the forum the PM's u receive. That's why are called Personal Mails. That shows the lack of respect for other people and a bad education received at home.

Clibanarius

Yeah, the Apothecarius issue is going to be a big deal, hopefully there'll be a fix for that fairly quickly. And, on a minor note, the folder the mod's in is called SurgeryExtendedandBONICS, I dunno if that's worth fixing at this point or not, but it gives an air of sloppiness that I figured I'd point out just in case you do want to correct it.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: TOMMCAT on November 14, 2014, 05:32:38 AM
The new version 1.5 bugs out the Apothecarius Mod.
P.S: Is pretty stupid to post on the forum the PM's u receive. That's why are called Personal Mails. That shows the lack of respect for other people and a bad education received at home.

We are working on this issue :) I hardcoded the eyes back then to avoid compatibility issues. Seems like it didnt work :D