[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commander Beanbag

I found out that overriding the bionic arm recipe to be applied to shoulders instead of arms solves the replacing-arms thing, and indeed fixes up the shoulder.
Perhaps you could change the bionic arm, power arm and regular arm in your mod to do this?

Tokenheims

I looked all over the original post, and I can't find the download link for this mod. I want to use it, because I think it would go well with the zombie mod, but I've searched for 15 minutes then created this account to post I can't find it... I've found several others, is it missing or what?

Aristocat

Quote from: Tokenheims on November 22, 2014, 08:38:45 PM
I looked all over the original post, and I can't find the download link for this mod. I want to use it, because I think it would go well with the zombie mod, but I've searched for 15 minutes then created this account to post I can't find it... I've found several others, is it missing or what?

You need to login to see attachments. In the bottom of thread(under "download".)

harpo99999

Quote from: Tokenheims on November 22, 2014, 08:38:45 PM
Quote from: harpo99999 on November 22, 2014, 05:45:41 AM
this time I am trying to supply links to my DROPBOX
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8023186/rimworld/a7/SurgeryExtendedAndBionics1.5B.rar
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8023186/rimworld/a7/SurgeryExtendedAndBonics1.5.rar
I hope that these urls can help

Nommy

Quote from: Vas on November 22, 2014, 12:37:02 PM
I just think it'd be nice if you could put someone in a sort of life support, one single dose of anestetic (So, one med pack only) and click a harvest all button, that gives you all their body parts :P  I hate having to choose which one I want before they die.
Agreed. It's a little tedious to add bills to remove each part individually. I'd love a 'chopper mc'chop' bill to harvest everything in one go.

Awesome mod BTW! It's fun watching my warden try and convince someone to join my colony while my doc removes the arms and legs from a less desirable captive in the bed right next to him. Presumably they are discussing health benefits or some such. hehe

[Edit] BTW last I checked there was no way to craft the power claw (the bit you need to make the power arm I mean). Is this intentional?

Zeta Omega

Great mod, I am having trouble installing some parts into my colonists like the power arm

Minus

Quote from: Rask on November 20, 2014, 01:59:11 PM
Does this mod add bionic shoulders?
If it does, it forgot to add regular (meaty) shoulders.
Bionic shoulders replace arms, etc, but can't be uninstalled effectively (only shoulder part is bionic shoulder).
Arms can't be installed to replace the removed shoulders.
Shoulders are getting changed in A8 anyway. I added bionic ones only for the time being, incase your colonist gets theirs blown off. Not going to add any more to it until A8.

Quote from: Vas on November 21, 2014, 05:00:06 PM
Would it be possible to make it so pawns don't die when you remove things like the stomach or liver or both kidneys?  Like, giving them a time limit before they die.
As far as I know, nope. Not possible. Stomach don't cause instant death though, just so you know.

Quote from: Vas
What would be another funny body part to be able  to harvest, is the testicles!  Make a man incapable of violent and scary things! :P  Install the woman parts into a man to change his gender with an added effect of hormones -10 always.  :P  So they are more prone to mental break.  I was just thinking out loud.  xP  I doubt the game would add those body parts, so someone would have to do it in a mod.  :P
That made me laugh, but no. Unless they're already in the game, adding new body parts in to be harvest causes too many compatibility issues. I also don't think you'd be able to set the new body parts to only work for women or men, so they'd end up with both.

Quote from: Ouan on November 21, 2014, 11:14:49 PM
I came to download 1.5B and your links on the first post transfer me to invalid links within the Ludeon server. Is this a error? Or am I bumbling around in the dark and clicking on the .rar links for no reason and the real links are elsewhere? It makes me sad.
Seems the forums have had their second (I think) attachments failure. Damn. I'll go about fixing this soon.

Quote from: Vas on November 22, 2014, 12:37:02 PM
I just think it'd be nice if you could put someone in a sort of life support, one single dose of anestetic (So, one med pack only) and click a harvest all button, that gives you all their body parts :P  I hate having to choose which one I want before they die.
This is a feature I have wanted in this mod for a long while now. I could code it in with a special workbench now that I think about it, but not sure I could add it to work with the normal beds. We'll see.

Quote from: Nommy on November 23, 2014, 06:45:21 AM
last I checked there was no way to craft the power claw (the bit you need to make the power arm I mean). Is this intentional?
It is. The power claw and AI core have been left as the two you need to get from trading. The reason being how good the power arm ended up being. Any colonist with an AI core and power arm is quite the monster, so it was done for balance.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Commander Beanbag

Quote from: Minus on November 24, 2014, 06:06:47 AM
This is a feature I have wanted in this mod for a long while now. I could code it in with a special workbench now that I think about it, but not sure I could add it to work with the normal beds. We'll see.[/quote]

Sure you can! Just add in a <products> field to a medical recipe, and stick all the organs/limbs in there. And also apply the Euthanasia health diff to kill them.

Edit: Unfortunately it will probably be hilariously abusable. Harvest all their organs individually, then do it again with the all-recipe for double the organs.

Minus

Quote from: Commander Beanbag on November 25, 2014, 05:38:23 PM
Edit: Unfortunately it will probably be hilariously abusable. Harvest all their organs individually, then do it again with the all-recipe for double the organs.
Hadn't even thought of that. So now I'd also need to find a way to code in a requirement that they have all their body parts intact... I'm gonna need to consult an expert.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Ded1

is it possible to add a check so if a part isnt intact it doesnt harvest that particular part?
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

ThatDude

The mod creates console errors and doesn't let me access the operations menu and yes, I have Recipe Nurse. Any fix coming soon?

Ded1

Umm i have been using the mod for a long time.  Is recipie nurse loaded after the extended?  Do you have other mods installed?  if you are talking about the red messages where is lists bodyparts those are not errors btw.
Feel Good Modpack

ThatDude

I have nothing but Core, Recipe Nurse and ES & B. It gives errors in the log still. I know the red list of body parts is supposed to appear but other messages appear after then stating something about verse.thingdefs and life support/brains

Ded1

The cross reference error is because you dont have the brain surgery mod installed do not worry about it
Feel Good Modpack

NephilimNexus

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on October 21, 2014, 04:59:10 PM
since you are looking for ideas, I will throw out my crazy one. I was thinking of something that would replace legs and resembles the wheels of a tank.

And so it begins...