[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turtle Medic

Quote from: DrBubba on December 23, 2014, 02:54:44 PM
For the life of me, I can't get anyone to make an AI chip.  I have the skill, I have the resources, but I can't even select the person with the skill and right click the table to make them go work on the chip.  I have a poor guy laying unconscious in the hospital with dain bramage and he needs help.

Gold has nonstandard amounts for crafting, different from what the menu says. It actually takes 500 gold instead of the 25 the recipe asks for, and because you cant prioritize table crafting without the resources to build it in one go its keeping you from right clicking on the bionics workbench.

brain "bramage" is so fitting, awsome typo.

DrBubba

Quote from: Turtle Medic on December 23, 2014, 04:11:22 PM

"Dain bramage" and it was on purpose.  Thanks!

StorymasterQ

Quote from: DrBubba on December 23, 2014, 04:16:01 PM
Quote from: Turtle Medic on December 23, 2014, 04:11:22 PM

"Dain bramage" and it was on purpose.  Thanks!

Surely it ought to be "brain derpmage"
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

MrScjmc

Does this mod work on Mac? As far as Rimworld is concerned the green tick is there and it's downloaded but it just isn't there in game? Any ideas what's going on?

Turtle Medic

None of the Research topics show up?

Aside from the removal surgeries, nothing else from the mod is unlocked at start.

Zeta Omega

no recipe nurse needed?..........Minus you are now in my top 5 favorite modders

kulg

I've tried installing and restarting and all the usual trouble shooting tips but I can't get even the simplest functions of the mod to work! When I start the game it has a huge list of errors ranging from items that don't exist to items being Trader Carriable but having value zero. I tried the game but when I went to build the new crafting tables (prosthetics specifically) after having researched it I wasn't able to because one of the materials was an "unchosen material" Help?

Girlinhat

SOMETHING TO NOTE!  Apparently if you set an organ vat on repeat orders, colonists will prioritize the 'medicine' so highly that they'll starve doing repeat crafting.

Turtle Medic

Quote from: Girlinhat on December 24, 2014, 10:42:05 PM
SOMETHING TO NOTE!  Apparently if you set an organ vat on repeat orders, colonists will prioritize the 'medicine' so highly that they'll starve doing repeat crafting.

Thanks for reporting this, looks like the "Doctor" worktype is valued extremely highly regardless of the actual priority of the workstation.

If you want a quick fix to this to lower micromanagement, as starvation will happen even off of repeat if you have enough things to craft, open up the mod, open up workgiverdefs, open the single file there and edit

"<workType>Doctor</workType>" to "<workType>Crafting</workType>"

I'll upload a drag and drop fanpatch file for people who don't feel comfortable doing that.

This stops people from starving to death, while keeping medical exp gain and medical skill requirements intact, I'll also apply this fix to synthmeat, thanks again!

Out of curiosity, what organ could you have need enough of to set it to repeat?

Edit: formatting

[attachment deleted due to age]

Xubrim

I had something similar happen, and in my case the answer isn't what organ, but what organS. I wanted to make a whole set of organs (seven total) so I could prestage a set of bionics for surgery. It's a lot easier to upgrade a colonist in one go than doing it piecemeal, even if it takes a little longer to get things ready. Thanks for updating Synthmeat, btw. Noticed both were having this issue last night and actually came on to try to figure out what was up.

InfiniteRemnant

So has the download in the first post been updated with the shoulder fix Minus mentioned yet? cause the 'last edited' time-stamp on said post seems to imply otherwise...

Hayhorse

I would love to use this mod since it is now alpha 8 updated  :D, but the download is a .rar file and I dont know how to add that to my game without crashing it  :'(. If you could edit the post saying how to add it as a .rar file or just change it to a folder like most mods it would be greatly appreciated. A link to a page with a tutorial for adding .rar mods would work too! - Full bionic limbs at 17!

john pretzel

Extract the file and place the folder that comes in it in /mods folder of rimworld.  :)

Then, active the mod in mods option in main menu.

RemingtonRyder

So I guess this is sort of a limitation, but it seems that you can harvest limbs even if parts of them (e.g. foot, hand) have been destroyed. What's more, you can then graft it back on and hey presto, the colonist has a new hand (or foot)!

sanya02